rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Oran Park - Fri 18th March 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Interesting night.

Q1: Ended up 9th after a good lap.

R1: Dodged the spinner at turn 2 and found myself in 5th. Stayed there for most of the race until Gary went off at turn 2. He caught back up to me and we had a good little battle before I totally messed up turn 1 and turn 2 and stopped in the middle of the track. As a result Gary got held up so on the following straight I let him past as I felt it was an unfair way of defending the position. Next couple of laps saw a few more mistakes so I was settling for 5th until Gary went off at the final turn of the final lap so finished 4th.

Q2: Similar lap to Q1 and was 9th again.

R2: Made a good start and was up to 7th out of turn 2. Gained a few more places as others went off and was up to 4th again. Then received a hit from Erik into turn 2 and a trip through the gravel was the result. Got back going again in 8th and Erik slowed up to allow me past again, before the two cars ahead then had a bit of a tangle which allowed me up to 5th. On lap 10 my screen froze going through the 2nd sector checkpoint and as a result it didn't record that I went through it and I went off the track just after. Recovered and just plodded along. Got lapped by the leaders towards the end and I finished 6th (If you add the lap back on).

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

good turnout good racing!

R1, kept it on the black stuff with one getoff in the woop de doos before the uphill chicane.:tongue:

Andy B caught up to me and hounded me mercilessly for 4 laps, until I folded under pressure in the sweeper after the bridge on the freekin last lap. Andy the sportsman that he is (he thot he bumped me) pulled over to let me by b4 the flag. :cool: Andy I was gonna push u across when I saw that.:D

R2 saw me into the quiksand in T1 and it took forever to get out. Had some fun dicing at the back a bit...saw Erik T using the bridge abutment to change his front wheel...:bang: go E!
Thanks to Lee, RD and the PCC crew.:cool:

Great racing all

R1 got a tap turn 3 or i bumped someone else, well i ended up in the kitty litter, ended up 11th i think

R2 2nd or 3rd lap spun out,seemed to be more DNF 2nd race so finished 7th.

couldnt seem to get 4th round the back section,gearing ratio cant be changed,so must be missing something

or maybe i just wasnt carrying anough speed through those corners to use 4th,understeer prevented me from useing 4th

well done all, and thanks to Lee and RD

Love the track,love the cars,so loved every lap of both races,had to hang Simone out wide going in T1 with his better start on me,but just held the inside to keep the lead for T2,then it was just constant pressure really with Simone sitting in striking distance most of the lap,the bends after going over the bridge were where i made some gap,but it usually got clawed back again at the final turn >://....as we started meeting lappers a yellow flag and some dust and off cars activity going on at T2 was enough of a distraction for me to just go off,initially it wasnt going to be a big deal,i stopped just short of the gravel(sort of),but then stalled the engine to make it all a bit of a disaster :D,still plenty fun laps to the end with Adz and co.
Totally owned young Erik in race 2 qualify and smashed his rubbish lap time to get pole by miles ;))),not the best of starts really unlike Simone who again done a rocketship off the line,so again i found myself hogging the inside through T1 and T2,but all this time Erik had made his way to the lead,but then went wide enough at T2 for me to sneak through and take the lead back,my plan was to break early and let Simone and Erik battle,but i was a bit scruffy,and nervey,settled eventually but then Erik disappeared and Simone was chasing hard again,but this time i managed to keep my nerve and concentration and held it all together nicely to the finish :).
Great racing there Simone,nice style :).well done all podiums and finishers.

Many Thanks Lee/Adz & RD

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies