Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - can't seem to set toe values correctly

I've been trying to create a setup for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. I've been able to specify height and camber etc but toe values don't seem to work. The toe values appear to range from 0.1-0.9 in the Car Status panel and are constantly flickering. I understand that the values change dynamically as you create the setup for in this case they continue flickering and no change appears to apply no matter what I do.
pr5xgTW.jpg

I wanted to apply the example values below. I could edit the saved setup profile in the folder for the car but the values appear as 50 or 9 so how then do I calculate the correct values? That's assuming that applying the values manually in the setup will actually function.

F -1.9mm
R +1.5mm

Just wondering if anyone noticed the same or had an issue. I've seen references to don't touch the toe values but I assume for a Porsche race car things should function correctly?

I've been trying to create a setup for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. I've been able to specify height and camber etc but toe values don't seem to work. The toe values appear to range from 0.1-0.9 in the Car Status panel and are constantly flickering. I understand that the values change dynamically as you create the setup for in this case they continue flickering and no change appears to apply no matter what I do.
pr5xgTW.jpg

I wanted to apply the example values below. I could edit the saved setup profile in the folder for the car but the values appear as 50 or 9 so how then do I calculate the correct values? That's assuming that applying the values manually in the setup will actually function.

F -1.9mm
R +1.5mm

Just wondering if anyone noticed the same or had an issue. I've seen references to don't touch the toe values but I assume for a Porsche race car things should function correctly?
First of all, the toe angle setup works perfectly fine, no flickering, and a decent range both front and rear (Front: 0.2 to -0.24, Rear: 0.3 to -0.35). Also bear in mind the non-flat ground of many pitboxes will skew the alignment - try and find a perfectly flat area to take measurements (endless floor track is a good one).

Secondly, pay no attention to the arbitrary value on the left, this is just a sliding scale. Only use the 'Car Status' panel on the right to measure your alignment.

Finally, your setup request is in mm. You will have to find out from wherever your source is for that setup what that is as an angle (degrees), which is what its shown as in AC.

Last edited:
First of all, the toe angle setup works perfectly fine, no flickering, and a decent range both front and rear (Front: 0.2 to -0.24, Rear: 0.3 to -0.35). Also bear in mind the non-flat ground of many pitboxes will skew the alignment - try and find a perfectly flat area to take measurements (endless floor track is a good one).

Secondly, pay no attention to the arbitrary value on the left, this is just a sliding scale. Only use the 'Car Status' panel on the right to measure your alignment.

Finally, you're setup request is in mm. You will have to find out from wherever your source is for that setup what that is as an angle (degrees), which is what its shown as in AC.
Thanks. I had no idea that actual track currently loaded would have any effect. I wasn't aware of that. I found the "Endless Floor" so will try that later.

Yes I've learned to refer to the status panel on the right. The example source was iRacing for the same car which in that case is presented in mm.

Thanks. I had no idea that actual track currently loaded would have any effect. I wasn't aware of that. I found the "Endless Floor" so will try that later.

Yes I've learned to refer to the status panel on the right. The example source was iRacing for the same car which in that case is presented in mm.
Yeah, transferring tierod length (mm) into actual toe angle isn't really viable unless you know dimensions of the specific geometry.

For example, look at this random image i just found - That shows 0.0652" (1.65mm) of toe in, measured presumably from the outer diameter of the tyre. On that car is equates to 0.29°.

However, if you imagine the diameter of the wheels is much larger, you could have the same toe angle of 0.29°, but the measured distance in mm would be much larger.

toe-in.jpg

Without knowing all these dimensions, there is little point in trying to match them.

I use a calculator online to go from mm to degrees when I do a car with toe specs presented in mm. You should be able to find one in about 5 seconds via your search engine of choice.
Do you know if there is standard way of measuring it, ie. the outer edge of the rim, or at the tie rod? Only cars that I've done that have toe in length is the 550 Maranello and IIRC it is measured on the rim, though that pic I showed above was the outer diameter of the tyre.

I honestly can't recall ever seeing that distinction specified in any source I've had... my presumption (given that I'm almost always working on road cars) is that it would be measured with the tire fitted since that's how it will be addressed by an alignment tech on the rack. (Or on the garage floor, or whichever way one chooses to do the alignment.)

That was directed to my setup guide.
you are just seeing the result of your "work" in the last couple of years. You desperately tried to make a name for yourself through comical "guides" full of bugus info and metaphysical theories that you present as "truth" ignoring all those people with much more experience and knowledge than you trying to warn you about your mistakes.

Simracing is a very small community, now you'll have to live with this name you've made for yourself.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-networks-thread.35257/page-995#post-945794

Again this is directed to me...
Hey if you had been on my ignore list you wouldn't have been called a retard. Michael is just being proactive so maybe less of that happens. Tagging me with your crap... **** off.

People are sick of you bringing up retarded points like you always do. You don't understand **** about driving, you don't understand **** about physics. If only you were actually a decent driver in real life...maybe we would be forced to say : "ok he is dumb as **** but maybe he's onto something." But no, you suck at driving in real life just as much as you do in sims. The persona you have created that is amazing in real life but needs to find justfication for sucking so bad in sims needs to die. You suck in both, no need to find excuses for why people are faster than you in sims.

It's been more than a year of this crap, get lost.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-learning-curve.48253/page-2#post-943538

Take this reference at your risk... (not me I had to google to find it)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies