Porsche 550A Spyder

Cars Porsche 550A Spyder v1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ensyuya submitted a new resource:

Porsche 550A Spyder - A lovely little giant killer gave Porsche the first international victory !

Warning
Do not distribute this mod other than this RACE DEPARTMENT, share this forum link. and do not modify this mod without author agreement.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

Introduction
For the 1956 season, the much improved 550A/1500RS was introduced. Better known as the '550 RS' in the U.S., it's visually similar to the 550 spyder but the chassis underneath is completely new. The ladder chassis of the old Spyder was...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks Ensyuya!!
The 550A started as a little physics project on the side, but Ensyuya has put a great effort to make it a fully revised and period correct 3D to go along with it. He even made new sounds.
Thanks again my friend.

So here is our second free Porsche mod car! Enjoy!

550A transport.jpg

A couple of notes:
Remember, even with improved design (vs the original 1955 550), this car still has a swing arm suspension at the rear and locked differential. So be careful with the throttle in slow corners, the car can bite.
Optimal tire pressure (hot) is 40 psi.
You'll need a few corners to warm up the brakes.
I usually keep rear spring low (as it's linked to camber and lowers the center of gravity too) and adjust oversteer/understeer with front spring. Easily adjustable torsion bars were really appreciated by racers back in the days.

The car is impossible to setup to be "on rails", oversteer will always lurk. Default setup is very understeery at turn-in, your right foot is in charge of making the car turn. Go for less front spring for more neutral turn-in, however the rear can snap a lot more at exit.

Ensyuya updated Porsche 550A Spyder with a new update entry:

Porsche 550A spyder v1.1 updated Jan 4, 2017

Porsche 550A spyder v1.1 updated Jan 4, 2017

I decided to change the first release engine sound because it was not as good as what I expected.
The engine sound is switched to another sound set which I've already made for '59 718 RSK spyder (also a 4cyl. 1500cc boxer).
Our next development target was '59 718 RSK spyder. We've planned it before official announcement of Porsche pack release.
The mod project was aborted with the official release of 718 RS60 spyder."

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ensyuya updated Porsche 550A Spyder with a new update entry:

Porsche 550A spyder v1.2 updated Jan 12, 2017

Porsche 550A spyder v1.2 updated Jan 12, 2017

It's a great effect by a small update.
From now on you can turn off the AC essentials display when you drive.
Instruments other than speedometer and tachometer are operated.

- Oil temp gauge and fuel gauge are operated
- Adjusted the viewpoint of the driver in accordance with the above
- Adjusted shadow multi bias of shader

If you enjoy this mod and would like to support us, please consider a donation:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First of all, thanks for another upadte.
And now to the point :) In the picture 9/10 I've noticed some handsome car that might be Porsche 356... Am I right? Can we expect it in AC? ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.4%