Moonshine Still

Plugins Moonshine Still 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
so when i download this mod and i put it in the mod folder its ok there, but when i go into a game in the console it says:
Still Mod Loading assetbundle
Error: Couldn't find asset bundle from bath C:\Users\Evan\Documents\MySummerCar\Mods\MSCStill\bundle-windows

Ive re downloaded it and yes Ive unzipped it but it still isn't working, any reason? also running windows 7 latest version of msc and mscloader

how much to Throw away ?

Found this about actual moonshine distilling
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...nshine_-_The_Dummies_Guide_700_grande.jpg?897

So I guess about that amount? :S No idea. I played it safe and poured the first one away after it got filled to around half. No idea if I'm doing it right though.

Btw, just opened the lid because I was scared it'll blow up when I started it with 4 firewood accidentally and it never stopped steaming after that, not even when all the firewood had gone out or emptied.

Can't seem to get a call either; Brewed a full bottle of moonshine, went to peräjärvi, tried to find the NPC - saved and quit. Came here to read that I gotta get a phonecall, loaded back in the game, went home and waited.. nothing happened. Figured maybe saving and quitting made it "forget" I had used the still so I drank a bit of it, went back, distilled more to fill the bottle and now waiting at home for the phone to ring but only get sewage jobs.

THOUGH I am on the experimental branch. Understandable if the mod is affected by that somehow.

Either way, really digging the mod - thank you! :)

Last edited:
Found this about actual moonshine distilling
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...nshine_-_The_Dummies_Guide_700_grande.jpg?897

So I guess about that amount? :S No idea. I played it safe and poured the first one away after it got filled to around half. No idea if I'm doing it right though.

Btw, just opened the lid because I was scared it'll blow up when I started it with 4 firewood accidentally and it never stopped steaming after that, not even when all the firewood had gone out or emptied.

Can't seem to get a call either; Brewed a full bottle of moonshine, went to peräjärvi, tried to find the NPC - saved and quit. Came here to read that I gotta get a phonecall, loaded back in the game, went home and waited.. nothing happened. Figured maybe saving and quitting made it "forget" I had used the still so I drank a bit of it, went back, distilled more to fill the bottle and now waiting at home for the phone to ring but only get sewage jobs.

THOUGH I am on the experimental branch. Understandable if the mod is affected by that somehow.

Either way, really digging the mod - thank you! :)
The guy tries to call you every 30-60 minutes after firing up the still and/or 60 seconds after game load (if you've fired the still up once)
You don't actually need to distill anything just as long as you have a fire is enough to trigger the phone call.
The bottle holds 6 litres and a full tank of kilju makes about 0.6 litres of methanol (~2% volume, boiler holds 30 litres). So toss more than 10% out. Better to chuck a little more since the buyer won't accept moonshine with any methanol.
If you listen closely to the still you can hear a whistling noise when it works. There's a slight gap in the noise when it runs out of methanol to boil (at 65°C) and goes to the higher 78.4°C to start boiling ethanol.

so when i download this mod and i put it in the mod folder its ok there, but when i go into a game in the console it says:
Still Mod Loading assetbundle
Error: Couldn't find asset bundle from bath C:\Users\Evan\Documents\MySummerCar\Mods\MSCStill\bundle-windows

Ive re downloaded it and yes Ive unzipped it but it still isn't working, any reason? also running windows 7 latest version of msc and mscloader
Make sure you have the file where it's looking for it.

The guy tries to call you every 30-60 minutes after firing up the still and/or 60 seconds after game load (if you've fired the still up once)
You don't actually need to distill anything just as long as you have a fire is enough to trigger the phone call.
The bottle holds 6 litres and a full tank of kilju makes about 0.6 litres of methanol (~2% volume, boiler holds 30 litres). So toss more than 10% out. Better to chuck a little more since the buyer won't accept moonshine with any methanol.
If you listen closely to the still you can hear a whistling noise when it works. There's a slight gap in the noise when it runs out of methanol to boil (at 65°C) and goes to the higher 78.4°C to start boiling ethanol.

Ok cool - thanks for the info :) Yeah I had a break in playing and as soon as I booted the next time he called.
I gotta say, great voiceacting! I mean, it fits so well into the game that if I didn't know, I would've thought this is an official addition.

The dude indeed did not want to buy my first batch.. not because of methanol, but because it was 4 parts water and 1 part ethanol. ("Cheated" a little and checked the contents afterwards from the file) Kept the heat way too high, I suppose. Though I might have accidentally thrown one pail of water into the boiler when being careless. (Seems it can be filled even with the lid closed).

Anyway, I like that there's some learning to be done.
I assume if I try to keep the heat as low as possible and yet get it to drip out, it'll be all methanol..? Then ethanol, hopefully without water.

No need to answer that one, just thinking out loud.
Voted 5* :)

Last edited:
Here's a - uh, bugreport I guess...

Preparing for the next attempt, I had my "perfect 6 sugar 1 yeast" kilju ready, put it all in the still - had emptied the moonshine bottle - saved, exited and then came back to try the next batch and this is the state of the moonshine bottle:

https://imgur.com/a/QVTZS

Somehow negative ethanol and water - yet drinkable and it's quite strong, judging by the effects.

Included all the xml parameters.

Earlier, before all this I distilled a really small amount from the remains of the last batch just to see how the ethanol/water ratio is, on the bare minimum firewood to make it drip.. Got a bit in the bottle, saved, went to the xml and both ethanol and water were at +1.8.
(Edit: Oh wait, it probably must've been 0.18...)

Drank the bottle empty - or atleast tried and it seemed I could keep on drinking endlessly. Then I did not notice the liquids going below the bottom.

Might be a way to recreate this "bug".

I'll fix it by manually changing the levels to 0. Just thought I'd report back on this oddity - maybe it helps.

Last edited:
could someone post a pic of a full bottle cause every time I think I have it as full as possible the guy always says Ah Almost full lets try it, or something like that.

Hmm, trying out the new version and it looks like the bottle's not filling. Atleast not as fast as it did before. It only got the bottom "wet" but then didn't move.

Though I only used it so much to distill the methanol out.

I only had very little methanol left in the still when I last checked and then distilled a little more and then checked and now the methanol amount in the still has gone weird:

https://imgur.com/a/X2J2p

So.. went over to negative after hitting 0 I think?

I only hit overwrite when applying the new version - should've I fully uninstalled and then installed the new one?

Edit to post again;

So now I changed the methanol to 0 to fix that bug and went ahead and distilled the rest... Worked well and then the still became empty faster than I anticipated... However the bottle never filled at all. No visual representation of liquid whatsoever.

Here's the numbers after;
https://imgur.com/a/nK9wK

The bottle has filled, the still has emptied (and again on negative)...

Edit: Oh nevermind - it turns out the liquid for some reason just wasn't (/isn't) visible if you look at the bottle from above or from the side. (When looking at it at the still, being filled it just appeared empty to me) .. only when you turn it so that you look at it from a slightly below angle, the liquid pops in...

As seen here:
https://imgur.com/a/SuhT8

Edit... again....

So, now trying to sell the full bottle with1.891365 water, 4.10890675 ethanol, 0 methanol to "Seppo" and after "Toikko sä sitä ponua?" - no reaction whatsoever to the bottle.

Perkele sentään.

I think I better re-install the whole thing - something's clearly messed up.

Edit... AGAIN, lol - re-installed, no dice - still broken. Reverted to the previous version and managed to sell. Not a bad pay.. after so much effort, almost expected more though :D

Last edited:
I only hit overwrite when applying the new version - should've I fully uninstalled and then installed the new one?
Overwrite should work fine. I changed a value around so you might lose water in the still but not ethanol or methanol.

Edit: Oh nevermind - it turns out the liquid for some reason just isn't visible if you look at the bottle from above or from the side. (When looking at it at the still, being filled) .. only once you turn it so that you look at it from a slightly below angle, the liquid pops in...
That's a known issue. I'm not quite sure why unity doesn't want to render the liquid properly. Might need to write my own shader for it.

So, now trying to sell the full bottle with1.891365 water, 4.10890675 ethanol, 0 methanol to "Seppo" and after "Toikko sä sitä ponua?" - no reaction whatsoever to the bottle.
Fixed in 1.0.3 (I forgot I checked the item name in Seppo logic.)

Perkele sentään.
Indeed.

i have everything from the download on this website and i checked it has bundle-windows but it cant find the asset bundle in bundle-windows and if u want me to check inside the bundle or something i don't have anything that can open it
Just unzip all of the files and folders in your Mods directory.
https://i.imgur.com/gpA0Kbr.png

could someone post a pic of a full bottle cause every time I think I have it as full as possible the guy always says Ah Almost full lets try it, or something like that.
It's just one of the random responses. Says it even with an empty bottle.

is gud but the fire tex or something is too big, when ever i start the fire it lags like a mofo and fps drops below 20. Any other fire is fine
I'll take a look about this.

Overwrite should work fine. I changed a value around so you might lose water in the still but not ethanol or methanol.

That's a known issue. I'm not quite sure why unity doesn't want to render the liquid properly. Might need to write my own shader for it.

Fixed in 1.0.3 (I forgot I checked the item name in Seppo logic.)

Ok, cool thanks for the quick update!

Oh and should I worry about any negative numbers in the xml files?
I mean, do they kinda just even out/fix themselves, when filling again the next time and it's just naturally a bit wonky like that?

Ok, cool thanks for the quick update!

Oh and should I worry about any negative numbers in the xml files?
I mean, do they kinda just even out/fix themselves, when filling again the next time and it's just naturally a bit wonky like that?
They're barely negative. -2.2123123E-26 = -0.00000000000000000000000002

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back