Please someone help me, I can't get DRS and ERS to work on my rfactor!

Please someone help me, I can't get DRS and ERS to work on my rfactor!

Look , this error:

"Disabled or entries in RFM missing."

1661700651420.png

Last edited:
Does the base game load normally? other mods?
RFM folder contains data pertaining to base game and installed mods - menus, videos, etc.; if there is a missing or corrupt file there you may have to reinstall that mod.

Hello,
You need to open the RFM file for that series and look to see if ers is enabled.
Go to the root directory for the game, and open the RFM folder. Look for the .rfm file of the same name as your series. In my case, I have F1 2012 WCP, and my file is named F1_2012_WCP.RFM. Open the file with notepad and scroll down looking for the ers entries. In my case, it looks like this...

[RF_HIGHVOLTAGE1]
// Min required version of rF_HighVoltage (-1 = Force latest available version)
MIN VERSION REQUIRED = 1.3.0.0
// KERS enabled in this mod? 0 (or missing) = disabled / 1 = enabled
KERS ENABLED = 1
// How long is KERS available (time in seconds)
KERS TIME = 6.6
// 0 kers can't be refilled / 1 = refill at Start/Finish line
KERS REFILLABLE = 1
// how often can kers be refilled
KERS NUM USAGE PER FILL = -1
// This setting enables you the adapt the strengt of the kers effect to the needs of your mod (100 = 100%) (min. 0 (off) / max. 200 (doubles the default setting)
KERS POWER FACTOR = 150

Check that Kers is enabled = 1 and the other entries are there like the example. The mod could be a problem, or the RFM may not be complete. The track also needs to be designed for it.

Not something I have ever used, but we will try to help :)

Hello,
You need to open the RFM file for that series and look to see if ers is enabled.
Go to the root directory for the game, and open the RFM folder. Look for the .rfm file of the same name as your series. In my case, I have F1 2012 WCP, and my file is named F1_2012_WCP.RFM. Open the file with notepad and scroll down looking for the ers entries. In my case, it looks like this...

[RF_HIGHVOLTAGE1]
// Min required version of rF_HighVoltage (-1 = Force latest available version)
MIN VERSION REQUIRED = 1.3.0.0
// KERS enabled in this mod? 0 (or missing) = disabled / 1 = enabled
KERS ENABLED = 1
// How long is KERS available (time in seconds)
KERS TIME = 6.6
// 0 kers can't be refilled / 1 = refill at Start/Finish line
KERS REFILLABLE = 1
// how often can kers be refilled
KERS NUM USAGE PER FILL = -1
// This setting enables you the adapt the strengt of the kers effect to the needs of your mod (100 = 100%) (min. 0 (off) / max. 200 (doubles the default setting)
KERS POWER FACTOR = 150

Check that Kers is enabled = 1 and the other entries are there like the example. The mod could be a problem, or the RFM may not be complete. The track also needs to be designed for it.

Not something I have ever used, but we will try to help :)
So it only works with some specific mods?

And the DRS?
Yea, same thing. There are a bunch of entries in the rfm. If you struggle to figure out the RFM file, copy and paste the text here. Then I can go through it and see if anything looks wrong. I will paste an rfm from another mod with all the entries. You can compare and see if anything in your file looks wrong. And remember, as I say, it's not something I ever use. I prefer GT cars from the sixties. But I don't mind trying to help as much as possible.

Last edited:
Ok, one sec. I was watching a video on the High voltage mod your using, It is in a foreign language, but by carefully watching where they put the files, I think I noticed something. High voltage is looking in the My Documents folder, not the game folder. In the video, he creates a folder in My Documents, names it Rfactor, and then places a copy of the game's UserData folder into it.

Shurley, there are some instructions for this somewhere. I will look and get back to you.

Reading instructions for rf_highvoltage gave me this answer.

* Check if the mod you want to use supports rF_HighVoltage by opening the rfm of the mod with a normal editor (e.g. notepad.exe) and search for "rF_HighVoltage1" (without the quotes). If it's found, the mod supports rF_HighVoltage.
* If not, search for "rF_HighVoltage". If that is found, replace rF_HighVoltage with rF_HighVoltage1 and you are done.
* If neither of the above is found, the mod doesn't support rF_HighVoltage without modification. Refer to this topic http://www.simsync.de/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?8631 on how to implement rF_HighVoltage.
* Double-click on rF_HighVoltage.exe
* Start rFactor
* Select the mod you previously checked/modified
* Select a track of your choice in a "Race weekend" (DRS will not work in "Test mode") and press on "Load circuit"
* Drive the car on the track, press "D" (if not changed) to activate/deactivate DRS and "K" for KERS.

Reading instructions for rf_highvoltage gave me this answer.

* Check if the mod you want to use supports rF_HighVoltage by opening the rfm of the mod with a normal editor (e.g. notepad.exe) and search for "rF_HighVoltage1" (without the quotes). If it's found, the mod supports rF_HighVoltage.
* If not, search for "rF_HighVoltage". If that is found, replace rF_HighVoltage with rF_HighVoltage1 and you are done.
* If neither of the above is found, the mod doesn't support rF_HighVoltage without modification. Refer to this topic http://www.simsync.de/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?8631 on how to implement rF_HighVoltage.
* Double-click on rF_HighVoltage.exe
* Start rFactor
* Select the mod you previously checked/modified
* Select a track of your choice in a "Race weekend" (DRS will not work in "Test mode") and press on "Load circuit"
* Drive the car on the track, press "D" (if not changed) to activate/deactivate DRS and "K" for KERS.
Link is dead for me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back