Please help me in this problem of Rfactor

So I have a problem, which at the time of installing DX9, after completing the installation, the config rfactor appears, but closes instantly, or I try to open the Config rfactor.exe and the same thing happens, and also I try to open the rfactor.exe , then the game opens, but soon after it closes alone. Can someone help me?

A few generic comments - do not install in any "Program Files" folder, try compatibility mode for XP or Win7, run all exe as admin. Also check system logs to see if any security software is blocking the game; and that none of the files are write protected.

Check the config.ini for these settings:
SystemRAM=
VideoRAM=
correct them if they do not match your system.

Capturar.PNG

Unfortunately it didn't work, my friend has the same computer as me and can run it but I can't. The only thing that appeared in the task manager is this. (I am sorry if some words are not correct, because I am from Brazil.)

I think it has to do with the video card or video card drivers.
It is interesting that you "Installed DirectX 9?"
What type of computer do you have there, is it Win 10? Don't worry if not; even Win XP would work.
What video card do you have? Try updating its Drivers.

Your English is good.

Ok I'm guessing it's an integrated Intel. These can be a problem. There is a directX runtime library setup, I think it's called that. I will find it and post a link here. It may also be better to run the game in directX 8. I will send how to do this too. At work now so later today.

I believe this is what we need DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
Just to make sure you have all the required direct X files.
The next thing to do is in the search bar type dxdiag and hit enter. See what version of DirectX you have on the bottom of the first page. On the display tab, you will be able to see how much Video memory your card has available. Mine for example with the integrated Intel GPU shows only 32MB which could be a problem. See what you have.

The next thing to try if you are still having no luck is to specify the game video settings in the Config.ini file. Your problem for the moment is that the video setup won't load so our only option is to manually set the parameters in the ini. I will send a few tips on that, but you can work some of it out just by reading the ini file. Try disabling things like shading.

obrigado, a placa de video é uma familia intel já atualizei tudo no computador. Fiz testes de componentes em um site para ver se ele rodava e tinha os requisitos ok para rodar.
Acredito que é disso que precisamos do DirectX End-User Runtimes (junho de 2010)
Apenas para se certificar de que você tem todos os arquivos X diretos necessários.
A próxima coisa a fazer é na barra de pesquisa digitar dxdiag e pressionar enter. Veja qual versão do DirectX você tem na parte inferior da primeira página. Na guia de exibição, você poderá ver quanta memória de vídeo seu cartão tem disponível. O meu, por exemplo, com a GPU Intel mostra integrada apenas 32MB, o que pode ser um problema. Veja o que você tem.

A próxima coisa a tentar se você ainda não estiver tendo sorte é especificar as configurações de vídeo do jogo no arquivo Config.ini. Seu problema, no momento, é que a configuração do vídeo não carrega, então nossa única opção é definir manualmente os parâmetros no ini. Vou enviar algumas dicas sobre isso, mas você pode trabalhar um pouco disso apenas lendo o arquivo ini. Tente desativar coisas como sombreamento.
is a DirectX 12, Intel Family with 64MB and I have all the necessary direct x files (by testing the link you sent me).

Last edited:
FWIW, the most recent DX9 is V9.01c; it, and any others can be safely installed to any system. All versions go in their own folders and windows will access them starting with the most recent and working back til it finds what it wants.

And yes, DX is backwards compatible; the issue is some older software is not forward compatible. All the functions of DX 9 are in all newer versions, the problem arises from how they are accessed. If you notice, DX9 has dozens of small dlls, starting with DX10 these were compiled into fewer, larger, files. If a program calls a DX function by name only, no problem, windows will find it no matter what DX is installed. But some older programs call the functions by path and name, so if you have DX10 or later windows will report "file not found" for that function, and the program halts or crashes. (There are other nuances of DX that require multiple installs of even newer versions, so don't be surprised to see many listings of "Microsoft Visual C++ xxxxxxxxx" in Programs and Features.)

There is a "Visual-C-Runtimes-All-in-One-Jul-2021" that adds all you should need. I can upload it here if anyone is interested. (About 100meg)

jgf I presume his card cannot run some of the DX9 functionality. It wont even open the rF Config. I think when the config requests info from card it cannot do something that's required so shuts down.

How do we force direct 7?
Delete dxd9.dll from the game directory maybe?

What DX is installed or available shouldn't keep the config from running, it is a simple program that merely tells rfactor what level shaders, etc. to use (I have found rfactor to be quite fussy about this, in general it seems to prefer DX8, but I have some mods that either look awful or will CTD if DX9 is not selected; there are some mods that purport to correct this with custom dlls but I am leery of such). I've never had a situation where config itself would not run; I suspect some security software, such as DEP or anti-malware, is blocking it (I've had DEP disabled on all systems for years, it is great in theory but horrible in practice, often blocking valid programs) .

Config basically deals with these lines in config.ini:

VideoGUID=D7B71E3E-5742-11CF-4754-C8161BC2DA35
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=46
VideoRefresh=0
FSAA=0
VSync=0
ShaderLevel=3

GUID is the vendor number of your specific card and should be read properly during install; I know nothing of the other three video settings. I always leave FSAA and Vsync off in config and enable them in the vid drivers if desired. Shader level is, I believe, 1 for DX7, 2 for DX8, 3 for DX9. (The example is from my old Win7 system with GTX 950 vid card, it is working well.)

Things to try-
- temporarily disconnect internet and disable all anti-malware, DEP, etc.; see if rfconfig now runs
-rename config.ini, I believe a new one will be created with default values
-restart in safe mode and see if config runs

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 83 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.4%