• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Player car failure

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Thierry Galle, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    Hello,

I would like to know if values LifetimeAvg and LifetimeVar (in 'engine.ini' file) have impact on player car ? It will increase realism in championship season if you must retire due to engine (or others) car failure.

2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +248
    Those values absolutely matter to the user. For example, in the CART Extreme mod these are the default values from the Ford Cosworth engine:
    LifetimeAvg=15705
    LifetimeVar=4540

We found that the engine randomly died much too often, mostly due to the LifetimeVar. So for our league mod we have it set to this:
    LifetimeAvg=15705
    LifetimeVar=0

I am not sure what scale the values are actually based on - Renato or Neils would know but now our engines do not randomly fail in our series. We consider our actual computer/internet issues enough failures that we do not need the cars randomly dying as well. I hope this helps a little anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    I have tried to define a very small value for these settings. Result : my teammate (ai) blows the engine in the 1st lap but I never had a car failure during the race. I will compare Cart Extreme settings to know if I miss something.
    Thanks Dann

4. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +74
    Yeah I've got to admit I've played around with these settings and annoyingly it only ever affects the ai and not me! Maybe this is a lesson in playing more online than offline!!