1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Player car failure

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Thierry Galle, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    Hello,

I would like to know if values LifetimeAvg and LifetimeVar (in 'engine.ini' file) have impact on player car ? It will increase realism in championship season if you must retire due to engine (or others) car failure.

2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +230
    Those values absolutely matter to the user. For example, in the CART Extreme mod these are the default values from the Ford Cosworth engine:
    LifetimeAvg=15705
    LifetimeVar=4540

We found that the engine randomly died much too often, mostly due to the LifetimeVar. So for our league mod we have it set to this:
    LifetimeAvg=15705
    LifetimeVar=0

I am not sure what scale the values are actually based on - Renato or Neils would know but now our engines do not randomly fail in our series. We consider our actual computer/internet issues enough failures that we do not need the cars randomly dying as well. I hope this helps a little anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    I have tried to define a very small value for these settings. Result : my teammate (ai) blows the engine in the 1st lap but I never had a car failure during the race. I will compare Cart Extreme settings to know if I miss something.
    Thanks Dann

4. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +72
    Yeah I've got to admit I've played around with these settings and annoyingly it only ever affects the ai and not me! Maybe this is a lesson in playing more online than offline!!