Pittsburgh International Race Complex

Tracks Pittsburgh International Race Complex 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
macko68 submitted a new resource:

Pittsburg International Race Complex - lidar, pirc, pittsburgh

Pittsburgh International Race Complex (commonly known as Pitt Race) is an auto racing road course located in Wampum, Pennsylvania. Pitt Race hosts amateur and professional automobile, motorcycle, and karting events.
View attachment 585532

Track features:
Full CSP config
All 5 layouts

This convertion was possible thanks to permission and amazing work of "Whereisbeef". His detailed LIDAR rendition was base for AC version.

Special thanks to @pugsang...

Read more about this resource...

Second small patch of black tarmac (or whatever it is) seems to let cars' wheels disappear in it? Not the one below, but the second patch on the uphill corner (or it is the one below..)

20221102194809_1.jpg

I previously had the 0.2 version, which was the main reason I got into AC. That mod had way too much unique grip, although I didn't realize it at the time. In order to get sim times comparable to real times I had to set my grip level to 85 instead of 100. With the latest version I run Optimum grip and get times comparable to actual experience.

This version is way better visually. It actually looks like the real thing and I can use the same marks in the sim as I use on track. I was worried it might not work without CSP (My installation of CM kept crashing.) but it works fine. I don't have some of the CSP capabilities but I never had them before.

Because PittRace is the only track I drive anymore I also used 85 for all the other sim tracks I drove. That was probably wrong. I now have to redo all of them with Optimum. Should be interesting. There are many tracks where I've been nowhere near actual posted results using 85. Optimum should get me closer.

Second small patch of black tarmac (or whatever it is) seems to let cars' wheels disappear in it? Not the one below, but the second patch on the uphill corner (or it is the one below..)

View attachment 613776
Yes, this - it's a hole in the track that gives the wheel a massive jolt as you drive over it. It needs to be fixed. It's the second black patch. Dangerous on a direct drive wheel!
1683031590174.png

Last edited:
Hi there .Great conversion was wondering if i could ask a request ? I have driven on the designater go cart tracks long and short in rF2 . Was wonderingvif you could also convert them as well ?

I've recompiled the physical road file (road.kn5) with a patch to cover the missing bit of track. It can be downloaded from this link: https://mega.nz/file/zVRCjC7Y#q0Vctxq39THD9g_c9twUL_2dd1vTAc3YNb6HfxySewI
It is a .kn5; drag it to your "assettocorsa/content/tracks/pittrace" directory and overwrite the existing file. Back it up first if you wish, as overwriting that file will probably give a checksum error for online use unless everyone including the server has overwritten that same file with this file.

Also, I noticed while doing the patch that this track's physical mesh isn't super detailed. I could help out by making a higher detail one based on the LIDAR data that I was using to create this track before this conversion was done. Anyone up for that?

Is there any instructions for installing this? I am new to content manager and mods to Assetto Corsa - am I dropping the folder into content manager or is it more involved?

Is there any instructions for installing this? I am new to content manager and mods to Assetto Corsa - am I dropping the folder into content manager or is it more involved?
Drag’n’drop should work, but I’d recommend installing it traditionally (unzipping the track folder into assettocorsa/content/tracks).

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 98 71.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 28 20.4%