Pitting

roguk

Premium
Problem with pitting, i request pit stop, pit crew says ready, i enter pitlane see red arrow and pit markings when i approach red arrow and pit markings they disappear so no possibility of changing tires fuel etc., any idea how to fix or what i am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Not seen that in 10 years online of offline and I used to short fill in practice and qualifying as well.

Even if you have not enabled pitstops in sessions you can still stop so I not sure what is going on there.

Did you have any penalties to serve ?

Hi Thanks for replies no penalties to serve and red arrow vanished before i got to it. A bit disappointed as been racing other sims but thought i would give this sim another try as used to play it some time ago when the AI was so good.

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for replies no penalties to serve and red arrow vanished before i got to it. A bit disappointed as been racing other sims but thought i would give this sim another try as used to play it some time ago when the AI was so good.
Ok that is not a normal behavior.
I guess first, what cars and track?
At what point in the lap did you request the pitstop? There used to be code in the rFactor/GTR2 engine that would have the pitcrew return to the garage if you requested the pitstop too soon, perhaps that is still buried in there somewhere.
So try waiting until your about 30 seconds from the end of the lap. then make sure you are absolutely down to the proper speed limit AND you have engaged the pitlane speed limiter before you cross the white line just prior to most pits.
Once you request the pitstop, you can adjust fuel amounts, what tires to use, but leave the pit screen displayed on the mfd.

HI here is some screen shots, from pitstop requested to crew is ready for pitstop then entering pits seeing red arrow then red arrow disappearing before i get to my pit stop.
Donington park national Porsche 991 rsr gte

Attachments

• GRAB_014.JPG
    GRAB_014.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 54
  • GRAB_015.JPG
    GRAB_015.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 59
  • GRAB_018.JPG
    GRAB_018.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 57
  • GRAB_019.JPG
    GRAB_019.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 61
Never seen that happen in nearly a decade of rF2. Try a different track to narrow down whether it is just that track/car or if it is your rF2 install.

Yes as previously said it looks like a car/ track conflict, so i did a new reinstall of rf2 as i had odd glitches with other mod cars and tracks. Took ages to reinstall then realized why as it installed all that i had just deleted (will have to find out how to delete mods i do not want).
On the bright side the cars and tracks look fabulous in dx11 and the new UI is so much better, driving the ffb and feel of the cars is as good as i remember, the AI i found very good with setting the right strength and have had close side by side racing, the bad bit with the AI is when they rejoin track after an off, also not so good is the way to expensive DLC so i will stick with modded tracks and cars.

There used to be code in the rFactor/GTR2 engine that would have the pitcrew return to the garage if you requested the pitstop too soon, perhaps that is still buried in there somewhere.

Pretty sure that has not changed since first build.
Request pitstop you must then wait till you get message to pit ( have hud enabled)
Then as you say you must pit in certain time I forget about 30 seconds.
Basically request pitstop 30 seconds out from pits.
If you want to change tyres, fuel load or repairs request a pitstop ahead of time, make changes then cancel it, it will save for when you make stop.
Driver can change up pitstops anytime, AI stick to script.
Raising tyre wear and fuel usage will adjust AI stops you have to test.
Worst problem with code is short fill and you are stationary for same time as more fuel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back