• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Pitting without changing tyres

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by cueceleches, Mar 22, 2012.

1. cueceleches

cueceleches

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi!

Las night, I raced at Singapore. I hit the wall and got my nosecone broken, in the outting lap after pitting to change tyres. So I had to pit again to get the nose repaired, but they also changed my tyres, which I did not want. Is there a way to just pit and prevent changing tyres?

Thanks!

2. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Sorry mate, i dont think there is. I wish they kept the pitting system from 2010.
    Because many times have i had a damaged front wing and had a drive through penalty at the same time and gone in to serve my penalty but instead i get a new set of tyres and a new nose cone, which results in me having to serve the penalty on the next lap.

3. cueceleches

cueceleches

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok, thanks! Yes, I would love to have more control over pitting options...

4. zlep

zlep

Ratings:
    +26
    For 2011 it makes no sense to pit without changing tires. Every new tire (doesn't matter if prime or option) was faster then a used one.

But the penalty/broken wing thing annoyed me too.

5. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +673
    If you take the time to change the nosecone, you might as well change the tyres. You won't lose anything because of it, while you might gain A LOT thanks to having more grip and a change of strategy.
    I however would love to be able to drive into the pits with a slightly damaged front wing, that doesn't really bother me, without the mechanics changing it as well. Remember Massa a few years ago actually going faster with a broken wing? :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, and commentator from Polish TV said something like "Keep an eye on Massa's front wing, because it can be a new generation of wings in Formula 1! He is faster than with new one!"

I would like to not change nose if it's just slighty broken... Grip is almost tjhe same.
    Pitting without changing tyres would make sense only with 5-stop strategy, on last stint... but what track is that hard for tyres? Canada maybe, but it's really extreme strategy...

• Like Like x 1
  7. cueceleches

cueceleches

Ratings:
    +4
    No when you just got a new set of tyres and they change it for a used one... that´s the point.