pit stops/rfactor

as i;m only a proper week into this game, i noticed in one mod today that i qualified on soft tyres and...i couldn't choose medium in the race or on the pits stop screen? i could only alter fuel and pit stop laps/number. is this normal? surely i should be able to select mediums in race alongside soft tyres?

Some modders opt for one compound only in their mods. I have always given people the choice of at least 3 compounds, but others may do it differently.

Basically, it depends on the mod.

If the tire files support more than one compound, you'll have to look into the rfm file, where the freesettings variable can be set:

// 1 = steering lock
// 2 = brake pressure
// 4 = starting fuel
// 8 = fuel strategy
// 16 = tire compound
// 32 = brake bias
// 64 = front wing
// 128 = engine settings (rev limit, boost, and engine braking)
// For example, the default free settings are: steering lock (1) + brake pressure (2) + fuel strategy (8) = 11.
// Possible values are -1 (use default value) up to 255 (which equals 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128).
FreeSettings = -1

thanks a lot for that mate! i'm offered softs or medium for quali but in race, only the tyres i qualify on

Hmm...

You mean: if you choose softs in qualy you get softs in race, if you choose meds in qualy you get meds in race?

That may certainly be due to this (also found in rfm files):

//// How many of the top qualifiers have to keep their used tires on for the race (only if parc ferme is applicable);
//// default=0, possible values are 0 and up (300 recommended if everybody has to keep their used tires).
// ParcFermeTires = 0

If ParcFermeTires is set to a value other than 0 and you're a top qualifier (up to that number/placing, that is), then you will have used tires.

Which means you can edit the mod's rfm file and change what you feel is appropriate.

So, can you tell us if you solved the problem after all?
sorry mate, i haven't tried it but will do. i've been busy on rfactor 2.

in quali i can choose softs or medium...so always choose soft and then in race, i could only choose soft. same with things like radiator ..so must be parc ferme...i will try changing that file when i get a moment...but seriously, thanks:thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.