Login or Register an account to download this content
weikangcai submitted a new resource:

Physics update for 1937 GP cars - physics and ai update for 1937 GP cars

An overhaul of physics of SimDream's 1937 GP cars
also ai updates for a number of tracks are included:
bremgarten
deutschlandring
donington1938
monza10k (creates new "layout" for 37 cars)
nurburgring1967 (creates new "layout" for 37 cars)
spa_faux_pre_war (creates new "layout" for 37 cars)

These cars are now comfortable to drive and AI can drive them just fine. Cars have correct top speed, and correct lap times by AI (As there was no qualify in 1937, and race was very long, so the lap time...

Read more about this resource...

Currently I'm making small adjustment for cars so that AI can drive them better, so far nurburgring nordschleife 67 no longer requires a separate 1937 layout. They can also drive around spa 66 without trouble
a new "layout" for le mans 1967 has been created because Mercedes Autounion and AlfaRomeo always miss the braking point at mulsanne. Legion's Alfa Romeo also misses the braking point and crashes there, so I guess this is an Assetto Corsa bug with high speed low braking force cars. nevertheless the problem has been solved.

weikangcai updated Physics update for 1937 GP cars with a new update entry:

Added Le man 67 ai update for 37 cars

Added Le man 67 ai update for 37 cars, otherwise they'll miss the braking point of mulsanne and crash. (it seems to be an AC bug as it also affects Legion's Alfa Romeo) the trick is when recording AI spline, swerve the car before mulsanne (at the 150 marker) to create an artificial chicane for AI

reduced the front ride height of mercedes and alfa romeo

other minor bug fixes

Nurburgring nordschleife "37 layout" is no longer required

you can safe delete the following files/folders...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried installing your update, but was not successful. Per instructions, I never found the .dat files. Thanks for the work. These are awesome cars.
Sorry, my fault, data.acd doesn't exist for these cars (I forgot if I had modified the original file, at least for now there's no data.acd), when writing installation instructions, I mixed up with bazza's mods.

So here's the only step for installation: unzip to your assetto corsa folder, (for example: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\) and overwrite existing files

btw if during your first attempt of installation, you're asked about overwriting existing files, then you have already successfully installed my mod. orginal simdream cars are VERY difficult to drive and AI can't finish a lap without crashing

I have posted the lasted update on this site, as "37 layout" for nurburgring is no longer required you can delete the following files\folders

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\nurburgring1967\models_nordschleife37.ini (file)
...\assettocorsa\content\tracks\nurburgring1967\nordschleife37 (folder)
...\assettocorsa\content\tracks\nurburgring1967\ui\nordschleife37 (folder)

Tell me if you still have problems

Updated AI behavior for cars

1. Updated AI behavior for cars (AI.ini), they no longer cut the inside the corners and can run on macau and pau 1967 in an acceptable manner. Autounion up shifts better
2. Mercedes turns less to the right when under throttle. the effect is now only slightly noticeable, and is no longer an annoyance.
3. Autounion less likely to have broken suspensions.
4. Maserati and Era use less fuel
5. updated track ai configs

Corrected fuel usage + more track AI support

Corrected fuel usage for all cars, fuel consumption estimation now matches actually fuel usage at monza
Alfa Romeo and Era have better acceleration at low revs.
Slight adjustment for default brake bias.
added Ai support (creates separate "layout") for Gilles 75(?)'s Reims and Sergio Loro's hockenheim 67 GP track, so that ai cars don't miss the braking point and crash at the end of long straight.

Corrected center of gravity for auto union type c

Center of Gravity of Auto Union moved to the back of the car. original value of SimDream puts it at the front, which is wrong.
With this modification, the Auto Union now has an oversteer feeling. and everything else, including engine power, suspension, AI even graphics, has to be adjusted because of this change
Other fixes include increased rod length for maserati and era, so that they don't ride on packers

Sorry for posting "big physical update" even at version 1.4

Fuel tank position fixed

Fuel tank position fixed. a heavy fuel load doesn't disturb the balance of the car too much. original values make a heavy
car oversteer.
ERA handling fixed, default setup of Auto Union improved.

Due to improvement in cars' handling, tyre grip has been reduced slightly to keep lap time realistic

I hope this is the final physics update. future updates will focus on track support. Due to AC's bug, 1937 car's high top speed and weak brakes, Ai can't look far enough to brake properly after a...

I wish that you would explain whose cars these updates apply to, and where to obtain a basic download of the car.
I've written in the description, these are for SimDream's cars.
it's payware. but it's a conversion/"rip" from Team Vintage's freeware Rfactor 1 mod.
I shouldn't promote SD's "product" but looks like there's no good alternative to obtain a full field of 1937 cars with correct driver names. the freeware W125 and AutoUnion always have fictional liveries with all sorts of colors. can they just make the silver livery with correct numbers on the cars?

Last edited:
@weikangcai Thanks for the Updates, I've some issues with the ERA it seems that steering is opposite so left is right and right is left. Auto Union the Graphical Tyre Offset seem to detach the wheels from the Suspension for some reason they float in the Air. The Mercedes I have trouble to get brakes to work at all, it seems the Supercharger keeps going still when braking then stalls but the brakes seem very passive compared to like the Alfa which has some weight to it but eventually bites.

@weikangcai Thanks for the Updates, I've some issues with the ERA it seems that steering is opposite so left is right and right is left. Auto Union the Graphical Tyre Offset seem to detach the wheels from the Suspension for some reason they float in the Air. The Mercedes I have trouble to get brakes to work at all, it seems the Supercharger keeps going still when braking then stalls but the brakes seem very passive compared to like the Alfa which has some weight to it but eventually bites.
Check you PM.

one remark change the much to modern driver_60 drivermodel to driver_skidlid or from @Nicecuppatea his driver_23.
Edit: that is in the datafolder.
I was driving your modified Le Mans 67 track and I must say you did a great job in correcting the AI. ( I was using 50’s Grand Prix cars).
One remark is it possible to modify the LeMans67 track that uses the LeMans start. Here 50% of the cars will not leave the starting position.

Last edited:
one remark change the much to modern driver_60 drivermodel to driver_skidlid or from @Nicecuppatea his driver_23.
Edit: that is in the datafolder.
I was driving your modified Le Mans 67 track and I must say you did a great job in correcting the AI. ( I was using 50’s Grand Prix cars).
One remark is it possible to modify the LeMans67 track that uses the LeMans start. Here 50% of the cars will not leave the starting position.
Where's the lemans 67 track with le man start? I may be missing something here. is it a new update?

Where's the lemans 67 track with le man start? I may be missing something here. is it a new update?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 68 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 24 31.2%