Physics of the driver inside the cockpit

I have developed a mod to realistically simulate the effect of the car's physics on the driver's body, but I am facing an issue with the position of the arms. While I have successfully translated all the axes of G-force into the body, I am unsure how to adjust the position of the hands to achieve the perfect alignment. Can anyone assist me in structuring and writing this properly?
The file is the line of code I've written. This code line should be placed in the extension folder of each car individually. Inside the folder, there is a file named "ext_config". If the car doesn't have this folder, you simply create it, and within it, create a document named "ext_config". Then, insert the code line I provided. I also attach a video to show how the body works, and hopefully, someone can help me. Please make sure to follow these steps correctly for the mod to work properly.

Attachments

• Nuevo documento de texto.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 6
The thing you're asking for is really complicated, the only option I can think of that has a chance of being feasible without tweaking it for every single car, is to calculate the sum of changes you've made to the shoulder joint, then apply a transform to those bones that undoes all of that. So the body moves, but the shoulders don't, and the original steering animations can still work. Next thing other than that is to implement an Inverse Kinematics program but that's not something someone could just explain in a forum post.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea