PC2 Pcars2 crashing while playing in VR with HP windows mixed reality headset

As the title states, I cannot run a race in VR without the game freezing or crashing to the desktop. I can usually run 2-3 laps with no issues but then I will start to get blinking in the right lens. Shortly after, the game crashes. Sometimes the video will freeze but I can still hear my throttle inputs and cars passing me, like the race is still going on. I have no issues if I'm just running practice though. I can also run the game at a mix of high and medium settings in 2d and have absolutely no problems.

I've checked my GPU temp and it maxed at 65 degrees while playing in VR. The fan speed was 44% and the GPU load was 85%, according to gpu-z. Are these numbers causing my issues?

I have dropped all my settings to their lowest values in effort to get the game to run stable but no matter what I try, I still only get a few laps, while racing before the game just stops.

I'm running an i7 7700 3.6ghz, 12gb ddr4 ram and a GTX 1060. I have seen people with seemingly lesser systems who can run in VR just fine.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.4%