PC racing simulation preference.

We have so many options for racing these days and it seems most people settle on one "go-to" sim of choice, even if we all dable in the others.

What is your racing game of choice? Feel free to explain why, but this isn't a place to debate but rather to highlight why someone might pick one of another.

Changes from time to time.

At the moment i am pleased with R3E, while beforehand i mostly driven Assetto Corsa. In the past my favourite Sim was everything from the Race07 series.

I wasn't able to invest into a nice wheel or anything like that, i have a very old wheel. With that i could get best feedback from the Race07 series and now from R3E, feels most realistic.
Never really could set my wheel comfotably for Assetto Corsa or rFactor for example.
In addition to this driving feeling, R3E has the best sounds, championships licenses and overall just gives me most immersion. Like, beeing in a real race weekend. That feeling is completely missing in Assetto for me.
Really, R3E was the step up from Race07, i really like both of them. GTR2 was really good, too, but i've had some problems with my wheel there, too.

Only thing that bothers me with R3E is the lack of skinning modification and the purchase system. I really waited long to buy content, finally doing it with the Black Friday Sale thing. That was an insanely good deal.

Other than that, i'd like to enjoy Dirt Rally, seems like a good one but my wheel is just not fitting, i cant steer as precise as i want to.

I don't think this poll is going to get anywhere in off topic... I don't think I've ever visit the off topic section in any forum... Google is my off topic :p

Assetto Corsa because of the countless hillclimbs I can download, especially the ones made by SimTraxx. Hillclimbs are my thing.
Also because AC is very "open" and if I want, I can use a Formula 1 on a rally track.
Which... I don't do though.:roflmao:
I don't want to be restricted like a game which does rally or F1 exclusively.

Of course lots of people think the opposite, which I understand, cos it also means that AC is an expert at NOTHING. But it's GREAT at many things though.
It's not the best at rally, neither at GT racing, 24h, or Transam, etc. (it's getting there though, for some competitions)
But it can do a bit of everything. And it's getting better every day.

So that's why it's my to-go racing simulation nowadays. It feels like a racing sandbox.

P.S: please don't call me a whore and that I should go commit suicide. Appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Raceroom gets my vote for online racing.
If I could vote for my offline one, it would be RF2.

Too bad this thread seems abandoned already.
Then again, it might be cos people are afraid of the fanboys and haters it'll generate. lol

Surprised by the percentage of people choosing AMS but it's great!:)
I admit, after I got it a week ago, I think I can say that for me, it's the racing simulation with the most realistic driving I ever saw.
I STILL chose Assetto Corsa as my favorite but definitely, AMS might be the one that makes me feel the most on a real track, driving a real car. (despite not seeing my hands:roflmao:)
AMS is what rFactor 2 should have been.:p
I'm really curious to see what Reiza will do in 2017...
They said that their new title would be a "rival" of Automobilista, which I'm not sure is a good thing. lol

lol I just noticed the 2,7% for GTR2.
It's still my 2nd favorite racing game after AC. Maybe it'll be 3rd eventually if AMS gets bigger with GT cars and who knows, dynamic weather (they said they'll do it) and also a 3D driver. lol:thumbsup:

I wonder what would be the percentage of people still playing Richard Burns Rally with RSRBR mod...
You should have added it to the list!
I still have it and Dirt Rally definitely didn't replace it.:D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%