PC: Cheaters increasing power on Mods

Hi, i have a server hosted on GTXgaming.co.uk, its running the 3rd party car, MR2 Spyder by Velos mods

Now one player who joined the server tested if he could increase the power on the mod and join, and he said the server allowed him to join, he increased the spyders power by 50bhp, and he says thats how he got 3rd place on the leader board (with not much experience)

How can i prevent edited/increased power mods from joining the server? This mod has a Data FOLDER only, with files in that

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Make sure there are no 0byte files in the data folder. If there are the checksum will fail and not be enforced. Sadly I don't think there is much you can do about it as you would have to get everyone to delete the 0byte files they have on their side.

If you're the one distributing the mod, then
easiest: make all data files non-empty (cannot be 0 bytes), just stick some spaces in, or delete them, before uploading it.
still pretty easy: pack into data.acd

I don't know if just deleting the 0 byte files from the server before running the checksum works or not. Guess you can try...

We had the same problem and apparently packing the DATA folder into a data.acd file, which you can do easily with Content Manager, solves this issue, but if not, please let me know because then we have to do something else.

Thanks man, is it possible to do this when everyone already has the mod as it originally was?downloaded straight from original website (they all have the default DATA folder)

Thanks man, is it possible to do this when everyone already has the mod as it originally was?downloaded straight from original website (they all have the default DATA folder)

As far as I know, from that point you have to distribute de same packed data.acd you put on the mod's server folder file to all them or they won't be able to acces the server.
But I repeat, I´m not 100% sure that's solves the entire problem and I would apprecciatte if anyone with proper knowledge couls tell me about it.

Absolutely welcome mate.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%