1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PayPal account deleteable?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevin Ascher, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I need to know whether you can delete your entire PayPal account or at least delete the connection between your bank account and the PayPal account.

Thx

2. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

Anyone?

3. Hmm not sure if this is possible or not.

Try contacting them and ask them about it, but if you have had some activity in terms of receiving money recently they probably won't do it for a while.

4. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

I'm NOT asking because I wanna rob somebody but because my Dad wants to be prevented from being robbed :D

5. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

You serious???

6. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

yes and that's why it is bizarre

7. you can deactivate a bank account record from paypal if you need to, without any problems i'm sure

8. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

Thanks Mike! :)

9. Am not sure you can do that. Paypal are very strict with these sort of sensitive cases as normally people who are trying to delete their account have just scammed someone for money.

10. you dont delete the account, but deactivate it, much like the different methods of payment etc. that way the details are still on the system, but no funds are ever processed from them. I'm sure this is possible, but am gonna double check it now.

EDIT - as I thought, once the account has been set up, you can add and remove bank account details from under the "profiles" tab when you are signed in