1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Oval Night @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Wednesday 10th February 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Daiman Patel, Feb 6, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 10-02-16
  1. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

Event Details
    Server:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OVAL
    Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    Car: Stock Cars

Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Fuel use: 1x
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled
    Setup Options: Fixed (steering lock, starting fuel & pit strategy still adjustable)

Assists
    Traction control:
    Low
    ABS: None
    Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
    Practice:
    20:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
    Warm up: 20:25 GMT - 5 minutes
    Race: 20:30 GMT - 50 laps [rolling start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
    Server password: Click here
    Racing rules: Click here
    GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
    2. Stefan Woudernberg
    3. Marc Cabana
    4. Chark
    5. TTupsi
    6. Simon Bacon
    7. Magic43
    8. Frederic Schornstein
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. ...
    Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER WILL BE UP SOON!

utp: 8

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Yes, please! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marc Cabana

Marc Cabana
    Premium Member

sign me in pls

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

Sign me in please. @Otune @Simon Bacon @Tobias Röhner @Bram @TTupsi @Magic43 let's go to a legendady track!

Attached is a setup (as usual, not the fastest, but quite stable and easy on tyres). I would recommand using the steering lock below normal in the tuning menu. For the corners after the long straights, brake to get the car turning, for the corners after the short straights, lifting off should be enough. Make sure to slow down quite significantly not to destroy your tyres, as it's easy to overdrive the car.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium Member

Yes please!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I'm in. Late finish at work but should make the race.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magic43

Magic43
    "Drive it, like you stole it." Premium Member

Sign me up pls :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

in

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

SERVER IS UP!

10. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

IMPORTANT

The server has been updated so that @Chark's setup is the default, fixed setup. :geek: I have just tested it myself, having set up the server, and it seems to have worked as intended this time. If you could also test and verify this it would be incredibly helpful. :thumbsup: It may appear as though the default setup is selected - the UI might display a depressed "Default" button in the Garage menu - but this is correct since the default setup for the server is being used.

The reason why this probably didn't work last time is because I made the change whilst the server was still running, and upon restarting the server these changes were overwritten... :whistling: So in actual fact there was no definition of the default setup at all on the server. :redface:

11. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

@Daiman Patel the setup I've seen when I hopped into the server a few minutes ago was definitely mine. It worked! :thumbsup: Also, thanks for the explanations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

IMPORTANT!

Unfortunately our servers are yet to be updated to the latest build of rF2 (Build 1052), therefore if you are using Steam or have already performed the update then you shall be unable to partake in this event. Apologies for the inconvenience. We are working as quickly as possible to get this sorted before the rest of this week's events.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Cabana

Marc Cabana
    Premium Member

sorry, sign me out pls

14. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Just got in, can't join the server, I'm getting a 'server and client builds do not match' message :( Guessing it's something to do with Steam updating my rF2 like crazy atm. Sorry guys.

Edit...just read Damien's post :(

15. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Sorry mate. Can't do anything about it unfortunately, as I don't have administrative rights on the server to perform the update. :( We'll be back again next week though! ;)

16. Otune

Otune
    Premium Member

I think it's kinda stupid that the rFactor 2 club organiser isn't allowed to update the game on the server. It's a shame, I was looking forward to the Daytona race :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

I'd blame ISI in this case for forcing users to have elevated privileges in order to perform the install. :cautious: This is not a problem on a personal computer, but it causes issues when using remote servers that are locked down to prevent mischief from ensuing. Sorry mate!