Other cars not visible during Qualifying

I have a new dedicated server up and functional, but for some reason the other cars are not visible during qual. I see no setting I can change to turn this on or off. Any ideas on what I messed up? Everyone qualifies by themselves, but the races are fine.

I do not see where I can configure that. I have attached two PNG files that show what controls I have other than track and car selection. Am I missing something fundamental?

Attachments

• DriveAssist.png
    DriveAssist.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 155
  • GlobalSS.png
    GlobalSS.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 144
I do not see where I can configure that. I have attached two PNG files that show what controls I have other than track and car selection. Am I missing something fundamental?
You need to configure it in the track rotation section. There's a wheel icon next to the qualifying session length. A spinning wheel means a rolling start, a standing wheel means a standing start.

Qualy.jpg

Click the wheel icon next to the qualifying time setting, and you'll get the standing/rolling start options. Also, if that wheel is white and rotating, it's set to rolling start. If it's grey and static, it's set to standing.

You need to configure it in the track rotation section. There's a wheel icon next to the qualifying session length. A spinning wheel means a rolling start, a standing wheel means a standing start.
Click the wheel icon next to the qualifying time setting, and you'll get the standing/rolling start options. Also, if that wheel is white and rotating, it's set to rolling start. If it's grey and static, it's set to standing.

Wow. That's brilliant. I had no idea that is what the icon meant or that it was clickable. Thank you guys so much. I wonder what else I am missing in this interface. Is there by chance a document spelling it all out? I could find the initial setup help in the forums, but nothing about details like this. Majuh and Ross, thanks to you both....

@Lurkusmaximus, they've changed and updated the dedicated server interface a lot recently, so I don't think there is an up to date guide at the moment. Most of the drop-down boxes are self-explanatory, so the only other thing I can think of which you might be missing is the time of day setting.

If you look at the image I posted above, you'll see a little cloud next to each session. If you click that, you can set a time of day for that session. All it really does is change the sun position, but it can be fun for a bit of variety now and again. (Performance can suffer for some people when there are a lot of shadows in morning or afternoon!)

Any other interface questions, just ask here. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.