Opinions on ACFL2016 mod?

Hi all,

I wonder how many here are using the ACFL2016 mod (Formula One 2016, League Physics with different car models). Seems there will be an update to include the extended ERS settings that Kunos implemented for the SFT-15 as well as the DRS LEDs (in zone and activated) and otherwise updated cockpit/steering wheel readouts.

They are also planning an "offline" version with aero and power adapted per real life for each team.

To me this seems too good to be true - their website and forums are mostly in French, so I don't get what the people there are saying. Is anyone familiar with them and has some insights?

Sidenote: I didn't get to download the update and test yet - is DRS detection now supported in 1.7.1? Meaning less than 1s gap during race?

Yeah, sorry to hear that, had I know I wouldn't have paid for it. Maybe Kunos should put the hammer down on them?

Sidenote: does anyone know what's Kunos policy is on reusing physics from them for FREE mods? ISI never seemed to mind. Of course proper credit given, no money made from it etc.

Yeah, sorry to hear that, had I know I wouldn't have paid for it. Maybe Kunos should put the hammer down on them?
I contacted the AC support on the official forum, but they don´t seem to mind, no reply yet.

Sidenote: does anyone know what's Kunos policy is on reusing physics from them for FREE mods? ISI never seemed to mind. Of course proper credit given, no money made from it etc.
You´re not allowed to extract any data from .acd´s at all, let alone use them on mods.

8. Copyright violation
Extracting, decrypting and/or converting cars, tracks, objects and any other copyrighted content from Assetto Corsa and/or any other software, even talking about that, without the permission of the author is strictly prohibited and subject to infraction. The rule is also applied to a mod made from scratch but related to another mod that breaks this rule (e.g. a sound mod made for an illegally converted car).

Thanks Mike.

Shame about the ruling on "free" mods, as it seems they shoot themselves in the foot here. In reality I think most modders learn from exsisting data... - compared to ISI who even shares tire models with the community this is a bit odd.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%