Online rfm with skinpack not working

Hello,

I am a bit new with making a rfm for online use wirh rf2.

I have downloaded a skinpack or how its called for formula 4 car. (Adac 2019 pack)

I have installed it how the creator is telling how its done. Ingame i can see the cars i can drive them but when i want to use them for private server i cant find them in the mas editor. It shows only the original skins

I have tryeď to use the same methodes i used in gtr2/rf1 but sadly it dont work.
It also happens to other skins packs.

What am i doing wrong?
I cant make a working rfm with those skins.
Also made a custom rfm but that didnt work also.(it dont showed up ingame)

For mine the best way is to have dedicated car just for the skins like this.....
Has it's own vehicle folder.
Set sever to no skin downloads.
I found that reduced joining lag as everyone will already have all the skins.
Sure makes for a bigger pack to download but worth it.

Packs that are linked to original cars folders can cause issues making other rfmods corrupt or missing skins.

The other problem is when they are updated the rfmod needs updating.
If you leave the car folder separate you can update the rfmod when you next feel like it.
People can still run the new version in other servers.

Nice skins btw..

Tell me do i get your point here..

Its better to make a copy of that car and remove the stock skins

How do i make a copy of a car then same way like in gtr2? Or is that done by same method as in assetto 1 when you can make a "clone"

With ac manager launcher you can make some easy copies of cars.
I meant with making a clone is there a program that can do this or its done by hand?

Last edited:
The reason i want to make a rfm is because i going to host a private race weekend (having my own dedicted server)

I need more cars/skins the stock ones arent with number of cars needed. I dont like when people need to drive the same skin.

And the adac 2019 pack or mas file
Have more then the number of cars needed. For dedicated server i cant use all tracks and cars rfm.

So yeah i am struggling to get a working rfm for it. Looked up some yt vids but most of them dont answers my questions or some are too old to be workable

Last edited:
Yeah you can't do this in MAS2.
You would need to make new car slots for each skin and do some editing and repack.
I tried to look for best tutorial but all seem out of date even on S397

Sorry I never made the mod just commissioned it and was not intended as a answer just opinion for anyone listening.
I realize you only want skins I just saying the flaws I see in normal method for anyone else's benefit as you will rarely if at all see it mentioned.
Because your server is private you have the advantage to repack cars.

Another reason I like this method you can then put 2 versions of the same car in a rfmod.
Like you may want to directly compare a tweaked version to stock version, this way you can swap cars quickly in garage instead of having to reboot a new session.

You can't put 2 versions of the same car in a rfmod that share the same vehicle folder, it won't pack and will tell you to remove the "duplicate" vehicle.

Separate vehicle folder also stops possible conflicts with stock skins and or other skin packs from the same car.

Also having separate vehicle makes it possible to add tweaks to physics, add upgrades, etc.

The downside is they are bigger but imho the upsides outweigh it, especially for private servers.

Last edited:
the skin pack or how its called in rf2 , is from here on RD.
I needed to install the 2019_ADAC.mas in to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\Tatuus_F4_2018\1.14 folder
and the next time i started rf2 they where there.

so i thought mas2 editor would find them also but not sadly.
in gtr2 i would copy the folder and change some of the names the the folder and in some of the files and off you go...

but rf2 dont work that way i fould out all ready.

Last edited:
Yes in that case you would need to repack the vehicle with your skins.

If you approach the original car author maybe they be up to making a mod for you.
Basically repack the vehicle with only your skins for a small donation.
Or you can see from Community mod it has 2 lists for skins that can be disabled.
The vehicle folder would be renamed to your wish.

If you compare the stock Eve F3 to the mod I linked you will see difference.
It is not encrypted.

Last edited:
I need more cars/skins the stock ones arent with number of cars needed. I dont like when people need to drive the same skin.

Exactly, this is why I first came up with the community mod idea.
The Eve and Spark models have just 3 skins each.

Everyone could have their own skin, their own number and importantly no conflicts or duplicates or stock skins.

First I made thread at ISI to ask anyone interested in adding their skin to a mod.
Soon we had painters willing to do requests and more cars then we ever imagined.

I bet most of those would not mind paying a small donation help to get a car repacked.
Then their scheme and name and number are in a official mod.

My idea was for others to carry on with the idea in other models

Last edited:
Exactly, this is why I first came up with the community mod idea.
The Eve and Spark models have just 3 skins each.

Everyone could have their own skin, their own number and importantly no conflicts or duplicates or stock skins.

First I made thread at ISI to ask anyone interested in adding their skin to a mod.
Soon we had painters willing to do requests and more cars then we ever imagined.

I bet most of those would not mind paying a small donation help to get a car repacked.
Then their scheme and name and number are in a official mod.

My idea was for others to carry on with the idea in other models
Well thank you sir to pointing me at the right direction.

I fixed it or at least i think i do.

What i did was made a copy of the car.mas not incripted one.

Open it in mas2 extract to a folder and removed everything related to the stock skins, then i extract the skinpack.

Copy it in to the same folder as the unzipped car.mas folder
Made a new car.mas with it.

Then i made a component and use the same name only did i made up a version number 1.99 and vinked the update from 1.14 on. Made a package.

And when i installed the packed i get a new folder inside the car folder called 1.99.

Only my question becomes now when i want to join server that is using 1.14
I must undo the "update" ?

Because the original skins now also say they are version 1.99

Btw now i can make a working rfm.
With this method i saw.

But what a bulky way of add in some skins for online use.. gtr2 was much easier.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea