Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by Hugo Hekkenberg:

Autodromo Internacional Algarve v1.2

== Autodromo Internacional Algarve v1.2 by 6ecko ==

//----------------------------------------------\\

Autodromo Internacional Algarve, converted from rFactor with permission
from the original creator of this great track, nFerraz !!!

You can find the original version here:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Autodromo Internacional Algarve

== Features:
- Animated marshalls, photographers, etc.
- Corners indicators.
- AIW for Race Series.
- Startlight, pitin /out.
- Little works on the shadows.
- Rain Reflects.
- Add Announcers.

== Update 1.0:
- AIW Pit fix.
- Fix ATI Cards problem.
- Horizon fix.
- improved fps.
- improved gravel and grass textures.
- Add objects.
- New camera.
- Alternative Loading Screens.

== Update 1.1:
- Smooth Pitout.
- GDB Correction.

== Update 1.2:
- New short version (fictionnal layout).
- Decrease TRK and HAT file.
- Reduce textures size.
- Delete lots polygons.
- News AIW.
- Add garage doors.

!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!
Before, make you sure you have delete the old "Portimao" folder, otherwise you should have a problem to play.

== Instalation:
Extract to X:\Steam\steamapps\"Usename"\race 07\GameData\Locations

== Special thanks and credits:

nferraz, for his great work on this track and allowing myself to convert it for GTR²,Race Series & GTL.
Fanlebowsky for confidence and linking with nuno.
Khan1670 for his AIW fix.
Sunalp2 for find problem with ATi cards.
Luigi for new camera.
Loading Screens by FrankBB.
Brice for all his test. ;)
Simbin for Race Series.
3dsimed.
PaintShopPro.
Notepad.

Next time you upload a car, you might want to at least list the names of the people that wrote/converted/edited/modified some(most) of the files that are included.

This looks to be ~ the exact same car that I built for the STC mod last year, other than now running STCC FWD specs.

Tha game sounds file I wrote:
Audio File said:
// Created by Günthar Rowe
// Version 1.0
// File last edited on: 30/11/2009

The 3D Call-up file I wrote
cas file said:
// VW Scirocco STC
// Version 1.0
// File last edited on: 06/01/2010

The File structure and sorting I wrote

cas file said:
// VW Scirocco STC
// Version 1.0
// File last edited on: 06/01/2010

SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Obj
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Tex
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\MoTeC
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Mirrors
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Driver
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Wheels
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data\Wipers
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>
SearchPath=<VEHDIR>

I Re-wrote the Wipers FXA's and FXM's

I wrote the customskins .ini

And if I'm not mistaken, I did the Menu logo's/Icons

I can see that all the file creation time/dates for all the 3D models and textures are the same as my last build for STC so know that these are the same ones I converted too...

That leaves:

Damage file
by Mark at SimBin

Suspension file
by Mark at SimBin

Engine file
by Mark at SimBin

Gear and Diff file
by SimBin

This only leaves the Chassis physics file (.hdc) which looks to be basically a cut&paste of a WTCC/STCC car (which may need to be edited to be balanced with the other cars in it's class now that I have looked at it)

So, out of the 416 files in the cars folder (excluding the sounds etc) I converted, modified, or wrote 399 files which equals ~ 96%!

Now, I didn't create the 99% original 3D or 2D files in the GTR2 car and the thanks and praise etc needs to go to the original author.

@ simon - i think it should be the same as normal [i never do windows myself but it should be there]

@ gunthar - i got premission to release this version [fwd] on rd but i dont really know who was involved making it apart from robin

then you should at least open the files and look or ask... And you seem to have missed the point of a very clear post. "This [fwd] version" is mostly the STC RWD version with a few changed files. Read my post again ... I don't want to have the mod removed or anything like this, but the VERY VERY VERY first thing you do before even starting, and a long way before releasing is check clearly where each and every file you want to release it your mod has come from or how it came to be in the format that you are using it!

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by True2Life Racing:

True2Life Racing Camaro Cup 2010

Yves asked if I could make a simple CCR 2010 car from the Camaro Street car and just add the CCR09 physics. But, in the end we wanted more :)

Ahh, good to see everyone can use this mod now. I'm having fun racing it in the RDCCC. I will say that it's front bumper is a bit fragile, but that might actually be because you never feel like your going quickly in this, even when your doing over 150KHM.

One thing though, I recommend installing the "XD" addon at least if you want to drive this so you can know your fuel consumption.

Fuel is displayed on the original HUD as well, when there's no fuel displayed on dashboard I use that for calculating then turn it off again:)

Edit: It's an awesome mod by the way, just tried it, thank you very much!:)

It crash to desktop for me and my friends, do I have to change anything to get it working. When I put it on a dedicated it crashes when someone joins:( I have put it in the Race07ds on the server and in the Race07 directory on the game machine. Help, we really want this to working!!

Downloads: A new file has been added by Chris Mackenzie:

Thunder Forest (Long)

PiXeLaTeD racing is proud to announce the release of the extended layout version of my FICTIONAL track - Thunder Forest (Long)

Details for Ver1.0

This is the long awaited release of the "Long" version of Thunder Forest, an extension of my very first track that was made entirely using BTB EVO. The intended release of this track has seen numorous setbacks, the latest of which was a 7.1mag earthquake that struck my hometown on September 4!

The track starts on the normal "Loop" track before continuing straight on at the "North Bar" corner, heading off into a undulating forest section, culminating in a hairpin and rushing back downhill to join the mainstraight.....

Details:
Built from scratch
5.15km lap
Maximum of 22 cars on grid
Competitive AI/with working fuel-load

* Track startlights work in time with the in-car hud
* Pit-in sensors aligned with the actual pit-in line
* Adjusted Cameras.
* AI has been tweaked further from Thunder Forest (Loop) to be more challenging
* Track installs to the "Add-Ons" category

Known Issues:
No yellows for some reason
Some AI controlled front wheel drive cars might struggle with corners if set at 105%

Still looking to release the Alternative versions of the two variants when time permits....

Thanks to:
Piddy of course for giving us BTB
All the guys who have released XPacks (used most of em in some form)
and of course ALL THE WONDERFUL GUYS AT RACEDEPARTMENT - for putting up with my endless questions (so far) and being helpful..

Feedback appreciated,
Chris Mackenzie

• various

really nice addon!
but why is the RPM locked to 7500 and why is speed locked to 210 km/h ?

• various

well, I know a guy who is driving for "team biogas.se" and he assures me that the cars topspeed is about 240 km/h

(btw I just made the "new" skinn-model (red & white) for this car! just ask me to upload it if you want to have it :)

• various

ooh nvm found out what I had to change in the "VWSTC.eng" to make it go faster! :)

Finally - Thunder Forest Long gets released

Hi Guys, just in case you missed it on the racedepartmant mainpage, the long awaited Thunder Forest (Long) has finally seen the light of day.....

Had a number of setbacks over the last while getting this track released, so I must apologise for the long delay.....I still intend to release the (Long ALT) and (Loop Alt) versions at some stage as well.....

The track is extended out to a distance of 5.15km, and takes the driver through an undulating forest section before culminating in a hairpin and finally roaring downhill back onto the mainstraight

I've tweaked the AI settings a bit (from the Thunder Forest Loop release) to try and get them to be competitive for offline use - see what you think of them now!

Enjoy the track, and feedback appreciated
Chris Mackenzie

Click here to download Thunder Forest Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back