1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Oh it's very windy in Vancouver again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Wind speeds around 60 to 90kph at the moment, I can hear stuff being knocked over on people's balconies around our place right now!. We don't have a balcony. This is what happened to our Stanley Park back in 2006. Note:this is not my video.

I hope this time around we don't get hit hard like this. Last bad windstorm was devastating to our city!.:frown: around 3000 trees got uprooted in the park, it used to be more way more dense that this.

2. A hint: forward to 5:55.. there's nothing before that.. I don't know if the code works here but putting #t=05m55s at the end will skip the video to that point...

3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Well so far the wind dies down in the late afternoon so phew. The storm of 2006 went pretty much around the clock.

4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Well a week of high winds and heavy rain, we were blessed with this today.

This is the harbour side of the West End. A sailboat got washed ashore yesterday on the beach.

5. We had that kind of wind in May 2010 here for about 3 days. It was brutal. I had to hang on the fence from one of the blows. The city center looked like I have never seen it before! Leaves, branches and billboards lying all over the streets.

6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I just woke up (07:23am PDT) and looked out the window and it's starting to snow! If it sticks to ground i will record a small video clip.

7. Same here! This snow won't last but it's the first. edit: just looked out and it's gone already.. There was some snow during the night but now it's back to +3c..

8. We had acid rain + a very little snow on top of it last night. Perfect road conditions :D

Seriously, today I wouldn't be anyone who has to drive all day.