1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd noises in game

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mark Williams, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hi
    When I'm sat on the grid waiting for that last person to join, I seem to get a clicking noise and I'm not sure what it's meant to be. Similar noises happen when close to other cars and I assumed that was stones or grit being thrown up. Is it just that you're near other cars and it's giving a stone noise? Just wondered really...

2. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

that makes sense. i always assumed it was the engine cooling after the formation lap.
  4. OK, thanks for your thoughts. Sometimes that two minute wait go on for ever and the mind wanders...
  5. Hmmm, if your standing still on the grid, what stones can than possibly hit your car?
  6. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

exhaust pushes the stones into next car :D
  7. Someone throwing M&M's on you then :wink2:
  8. Oh, I see you are driving on a Wii :laugh2:
  9. It always seems to coincide with insect impacts to me. Damn, they must be travelling fast to wipe out so messily while I'm on the grid ;-)
  10. Yeah I always get that, its well annoying when your sat waiting to race :O
  11. You shouldn't join the grid till the last few seconds anyway, otherwise your tyres slowly lose temperature. Yes, I am that annoying idiot who makes everyone wait the full 2 minutes. Haha :). But I agree, it is very annoying.
  12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

if you dont race like an idiot in the first lap you easily make back the temps for when it matters
  13. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

the quicker everyone joins. the race will start before 2 mins end and tires wont drop temp.
  14. Someone said to me that the tire will low temps but is that so critical?
    And that noise is very annoying like those when you are in the pits, we shoud be able to turn them off.
  15. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

the pit noise sux. everytims i go past the pits its sounds like the old dear is shouting me from downstairs
  16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

There's also the blue flag bug which can kick in if not everyone joins the grid with at least 30 sec to go. If you're always the last person to join Caleb with a couple of sec to go, and invoke the bug, you're probably not going to be voted as man of the year.