Oculus rift

Crispin Williamson

Washed up Supermoto racer in an MDF box in York
So my rift arrived today, it runs nicely but can't get a great image. I've tried changing the pixels density value in the oculus file but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Also when I run on my own I get 90fps but with a full grid it drops to 45. Changing graphics levels doesn't seem to affect it. My pc gets an 11 score on the steam test.
The image is so blurry it's impossible to read the figures on the tyre app.

Any tips?

nothing you do will make the tyres app easy to read, unless you make the app itself bigger. the text is too small by default for the rift screen resolution.

make sure you modify this file: Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\oculus.ini

and not the one in the game install folder. the "doesnt seem to work" is written there for everyone, but it actually does work, so enable it

If I had a pound / Dollar for every time I said this....

(Snip)
Just to clarify... I don't think you have got a massive drop in frame rate, you have just got the VR reprojection kicking in.

On all VR systems there is a clever system which keeps the 90 FPS constant for VR by doubling the frame rate. When the system detects you can't keep up the 90FPS, it cuts it to 45 FPS and then does something far less GPU intensive to effectively guess every 2nd frame. Therefore the game is renedering at 45FPS but the headset gets 90FPS.

If you want to get a huge increase in FPS, use the Shadow disable patch to completely remove shadows. This has a huge effect and may get you back to the raw 90 FPS (however, I must say the difference between raw 90 FPS and reprojection FPS isn't that different).
(Snip)

So my rift arrived today, it runs nicely but can't get a great image. I've tried changing the pixels density value in the oculus file but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Also when I run on my own I get 90fps but with a full grid it drops to 45. Changing graphics levels doesn't seem to affect it. My pc gets an 11 score on the steam test.
The image is so blurry it's impossible to read the figures on the tyre app.

Any tips?
Have you properly adjusted the lense spacing under the right eye-piece?
Adjusting the PD on Oculus software only works if you do it before launching Oculus and it reverts to default once closed.
Turn off post processing and set PD to 1.5 in AC (set launch options)

(however, I must say the difference between raw 90 FPS and reprojection FPS isn't that different).
Agreed. I happily play at 45fps and don't see an issue with it.
It also means I get to turn up the settings without worrying about compromising the 90fps thing.

SS @1.6 / 4xAA / PP on (4690k/980Ti) amongst other things. Sure, it'll never be as clear as a monitor, but clarity isn't an issue at all.

@Crispin Williamson
Use either oculus tray tool or content manager to set your pixel density.
Setting the resolution to 1920x1080 will also make the UI/Apps larger and more easily readable than say 2560x1440 for example.

Hi guys,

i'm "new" of Oculus Rift and i bought it only for sims...
No issues with iRacing (absolutely fantastic !) or RaceRoom (wow !) but a lot of issues with AC... the some major issue of jim with the wheel not operatin in VR but perfectly working in "monitor" mode... i checked and re-assgn every contro of the wheel in Option--Controls but when i'm seated on the car, the wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite) doesn't give any input...

The other main issue: try to reach the track or to get out of VR, the left column in VR (all in game options of AC and "exit" red button) seems to be "out-of-the-VR-monitor"... the Yellow Oculus pointer can't reach that column to try to get on the track or exit the game...

AA and PP OFF in general options... recentered VR with keyboard...

Any ideas ?

Thank you so much !!

VR Headsets only perform so well because they completely pass through the GPU. Therefore, there are no settings in the Nvdia Control panel you can change, in fact if you look in the control panel, the VR will not even show as a connected device. Therefore what ever you change in there is only being applied to your monitor.

Hi guys,

i'm "new" of Oculus Rift and i bought it only for sims...
No issues with iRacing (absolutely fantastic !) or RaceRoom (wow !) but a lot of issues with AC... the some major issue of jim with the wheel not operatin in VR but perfectly working in "monitor" mode... i checked and re-assgn every contro of the wheel in Option--Controls but when i'm seated on the car, the wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite) doesn't give any input...

The other main issue: try to reach the track or to get out of VR, the left column in VR (all in game options of AC and "exit" red button) seems to be "out-of-the-VR-monitor"... the Yellow Oculus pointer can't reach that column to try to get on the track or exit the game...

AA and PP OFF in general options... recentered VR with keyboard...

Any ideas ?

Thank you so much !!

The yellow dot movement is only restricted by your monitor, make sure that A) You are running AC fullscreen in your monitor B) The resolution in the AC settings match the resolution in your monitor.
There is also a patch that you can find in the downloads somewhere which enables shortcut keys for the "start" and "quit" funcions in VR

tha
The yellow dot movement is only restricted by your monitor, make sure that A) You are running AC fullscreen in your monitor B) The resolution in the AC settings match the resolution in your monitor.
There is also a patch that you can find in the downloads somewhere which enables shortcut keys for the "start" and "quit" funcions in VR
Thanks I'll check as soon as possible !

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies