1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Not quite racing gear, but it will hold the engine and drive train (56k warning)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lenard Schaeffler, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Absolutely wrong, to deface a bible in the name of your "art"...for shame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, let nothing stand in the way of creative expression

100.0%
  1. Been saying I want to mod an antec 300 for a while, preferred it over my 900 I have now, unfortunately I gave my 300 to a buddy of mine so its been just a thought. Today I found a brand new 300 at a garage sale for $5 which was an obvious sign in was time. Got myself a blank slate of a 300, now just need some inspiration.

*Update* After thinking long and hard (15 minutes at least) I have decided that I am going to focus on simple and sleek with a really nice paint job on this build.

*UPDATE* - Final Design Decisions
    Change power/reset to military style and relocate to top of machine - Planning Stages
    [​IMG]
    Cable management holes cut in mobo tray - Complete
    [​IMG]
    Duplicolor Redfire Pearl Metallic & Flat/Matte black paint - In Progress
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Replace fan grills with custom designed (cross theme) - Designed, out for manufacture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Replace front metal mesh with custom design (cross theme) - Designed, out for manufacture Fabricated myself due to delay issues
    [​IMG]

Possible design feature - Please read and provide input/opinion
    With power and reset sitting on the top/front of the case I was thinking of doing the standard hinged plexiglass box to replicate the movie style protective cover for the "big red button" however was thinking due to the cross theme (thelastpriest obviously) getting a hardcover bible, gluing the pages together, hollowing out the center and back cover and attaching it to the top of the case with the power and reset sitting in the middle of the hollowed out area, thus it would look like a bible resting on the edge of the cross themed case, only to have once the cover is opened, the power and reset switches residing inside. Would attach it resting at an angle to look as though it was tossed there rather than placed strategically

2. And the starting point, for anyone who has never seen an exploded Antec 300
    [​IMG]

Cable management holes
    [​IMG]

Fan doors with the dremel treatment
    [​IMG]

Top, texture and fan grill removed
    [​IMG]

Front, stripped of everything and "sanded". side panels, texture and fan grill removed
    [​IMG]

Paint side
    [​IMG]

Hockey side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Side fan cover design 120mm (these will all be painted the same red)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top fan cover design 140mm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Just to give a better picture of it all (for some reason just doesn't look like a case without
    the bezel) I figure I would post some pictures using the ruined bezel as a stand in. that one is
    going in the garbage as soon as the new one comes in.
    *To anyone wandering by, that bezel looks like crap, we know, its a stand in and wont
    be used on the finished product*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got myself a little gift to go along with the mod, talked a guy on CL down to $120 and couldnt
    pass it up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Divine machine :)

6. Thanks! Cant wait to see it completed

7. The cross theme doesnt make much sense because I dont use my online persona/name here, not that its top secret, I just have a rule about having my name and my online persona in the same thread searchable by google