Nordschliefe VLN and 24 HR - slide show

Hi,
I have not used these tracks for a while, but this week I purchased the M235i, thinking of a VLN series. The 2 tracks listed ( VLN and 24) both stutter horribly, making play impossible. I thought it was only with my recent purchases ( X-17, M235i, 911 Cup), but it does it with GTO's as well. An ADAC 2015 GT3 that I tried was OK. Fluke? Other combos, including regular Nordschliefe, tourist, Nurburgring GP and other tracks are fine.
My aging rig does do slide shows in AC with more than about 10 cars on track, but RRE has always run well.
You think that VLN and 24HR with 20 cars is just too much for my old Quadro 2000 or CPU to handle?

The 24hr Nords layout is definitely the most taxing to run in RR, and even brings some rather beefy computers to their knees.

Could I ask what cpu you have? That gpu you mentioned could just be beyond it's capability here. To be honest, it's not even meant for gaming, so that is pretty impressive that performance elsewhere in RR and in other games was satisfactory.

Have you already tried lowering all the graphics settings? Have you tried playing at a lower resolution? Have you tried lowering the number of AI (say, 11 AI + you for a total of 12 cars)? Have you considered upgrading your gpu to something like an Nvidia gtx 750ti or a gt 1030? Both of these should be roughly 80 USD and would be enormously better than your existing gpu.

Thanks for that....I'll try lowering my settings to check...I did have the $250 AUD required for a 4GB 1050 Ti a few weeks ago, after selling some old gear on eBay. but spent it foolishly on Food and electricity. The ol' Quadro and Dell T3400 CAD PC have served me well, but are feeling the pressure. I have another CAD box with quad Xeons waiting for the new card.............
There are some others on RRE forums with weird stuttering problems too, so it may not be all hardware. I'll test and see.

If I lower the AI numbers to less than 16 , it still runs OK. My old rig just can't handle the long versions of the track. Over that, the slide show starts.
Time to upgrade........and forget VLN for now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back