Nordschleife Texture Update

Tracks Nordschleife Texture Update v1.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey thanks for this awesome skin! You mentioned that you updated the CocaCola machine texture, but mine does not seem to have been updated. Is that the right one I'm looking at? Also, I see some trees that are quite faded until I go closer to it. I deactivated the skin and reactivated it. I even tried deleting all your ext-config files and skin folder and reinstalled it but those particular trees are still faded. You also mentioned that you removed the blue flowers and I see some blue flowers. With the problems I mentioned I wonder if there's any problems with my settings. Is a fix for that? Please see the following screenshots:

View attachment 749787
View attachment 749788
View attachment 749790
Hi there

Have checked files uploaded and installed myself, clean install and can't find any problems

Screenshot_urd_ferrucci_296_23_ks_nordschleife_27-3-124-23-13-37.jpg
Screenshot_urd_ferrucci_296_23_ks_nordschleife_27-3-124-23-14-0.jpg
Screenshot (147).jpg
Screenshot (147).jpg

Hey thanks for this awesome skin! You mentioned that you updated the CocaCola machine texture, but mine does not seem to have been updated. Is that the right one I'm looking at? Also, I see some trees that are quite faded until I go closer to it. I deactivated the skin and reactivated it. I even tried deleting all your ext-config files and skin folder and reinstalled it but those particular trees are still faded. You also mentioned that you removed the blue flowers and I see some blue flowers. With the problems I mentioned I wonder if there's any problems with my settings. Is a fix for that? Please see the following screenshots:

View attachment 749787
View attachment 749788
View attachment 749790
Try this tree texture, copy and paste into skins and allow to overwrite

Try this tree texture, copy and paste into skins and allow to overwrite

Thanks for the updated file, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Some trees are still faded. There could be something wrong on my side since the Coca Cola machine is not using your updated textures, but I couldn't figure out what is wrong. I have set to automatically download config files for tracks in CM. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit: Just to give you an update. After installing version 1.7, I can now see the new Coca Cola machine and snack machine textures. Also, I had to remove branch5.dds to fix the faded trees issue.

Last edited:
I love this skin but some trees around the track are looking weird, like almost transparent. Especially noticable at the tourist parking. I think its my graphics settings because I also have this problem at the ACC conversion of Oulton park. What do I have to change in my settings that the trees look normal again? I tried so many things but I couldn't solve it.

I love this skin but some trees around the track are looking weird, like almost transparent. Especially noticable at the tourist parking. I think its my graphics settings because I also have this problem at the ACC conversion of Oulton park. What do I have to change in my settings that the trees look normal again? I tried so many things but I couldn't solve it.
Hi there

My last update should have solved this, only one or two guys have had problems.

Try this texture, copy and paste into skins folder

Send me some screens so I can see where the problem is because haven't had any one else with issue and I cannot see it on my side.

Hi there

My last update should have solved this, only one or two guys have had problems.

Try this texture, copy and paste into skins folder

Send me some screens so I can see where the problem is because haven't had any one else with issue and I cannot see it on my side.
I tried, but nothing changed. still this transparent look.
here a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_lanzo_v10_evo2_ks_nordschleife_30-3-124-0-20-44.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_lanzo_v10_evo2_ks_nordschleife_30-3-124-0-20-44.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 12
I *think* it may depend on the way a particular graphics card/display driver renders mipmaps, which would explain why you see this and others don't. What graphics card do you have?
Its a Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC. I only have this Problem with this skin at Nordschleife and also at the ACC conversion of Oulton Park. I dont remember that I ever saw this on any other track except these two.
I read this here in a forum about the same problem:
It is caused by MSAA when applied to DDS texture with interpolated alpha and lots of tiny holes. Some Rich Summer trees are affected by this. To fix the issue just open the textures in Photoshop and resave them in DDS format that uses explicit alpha.
I will try fiddle around with the branch5.dds then.
So it should be dxt3 with existing mipmaps, right?

Last edited:
Its a Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC. I only have this Problem with this skin at Nordschleife and also at the ACC conversion of Oulton Park. I dont remember that I ever saw this on any other track except these two.
It is caused by MSAA when applied to DDS texture with interpolated alpha and lots of tiny holes. Some Rich Summer trees are affected by this. To fix the issue just open the textures in Photoshop and resave them in DDS format that uses explicit alpha.
BTW. if you have parts of 3d trees in it, like the branches.dds, you can manipulate its mipmaps alpha behaviour in GIMP. Then the don't become transparent with distance:
zexNYOn.png

Last edited:
BTW. if you have parts of 3d trees in it, like the branches.dds, you can manipulate its mipmaps alpha behaviour in GIMP. Then the don't become transparent with distance:

zexNYOn.png

Thx so much for all this. I have thought many times how nice it would be to have a Fox at "Fuchsröhre" sitting behind the fence and watching, maybe some rabbits around the track or birds on a fence etc. Just eyecandy and eastereggs of course but still I would like that, maybe others too. Just suggesting, not demanding or so. Thank you.

View attachment 750293
Thank you i will try that. Yesterday I tried so much but nothing worked. Then like one guy here I deleted the branch5.dds and then at least it worked. This is fine for me, all the other details are amazing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.