Nordschleife 1967

Tracks Nordschleife 1967 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
to FFF789 this demonstrates too well how steep and short that climbs are. And the prove with a Lotus 49. I hope you are happy to make a statement like that and to brake the ranking.

Attachments

• Clipboard01111.jpg
    Clipboard01111.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 91
  • 000aaa01.jpg
    000aaa01.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
to FFF789 this demonstrates too well how steep and short that climbs are. And the prove with a Lotus 49. I hope you are happy to make a statement like that and to brake the ranking.
But you didn't understand me. The track is magnificent I love how it looks.
I have no problem with reaching the speed I want in the car. But I don't want just to look at the track. I find that this one part of the track breaks all the fun for me when driving it.
So, I am talking ONLY about the beginning of the climb at the end of the Döttinger Höhe straight. The lower part. Going at the speed of 270 kmh, the car hits the start of the climb, the suspension compresses too much and slides and jumps like crazy already there. That's the problem. Getting on top of the hill and then jumping, like at Flugplatz, that's not a problem. This is how historic Nurburgring GP was but I seriously doubt cars would have to slow down and then start climbing the hill just so that they don't slide there.
About the ranking, the stupid system will not let me change my ranking now. It says that it can't be changed when the author replies to my ranking. Try deleting your reply there on my ranking to see if it will let me change it then.
However, I'm stating my single problem with the track, hoping that it can be fixed and I am going to change my ranking if it is fixed. If it isn't, I am not changing my ranking of the mod.

I see now what you mean, it was not very clear to me. I think you're used to play the tracks that are done which are smooth and the cars are steady. Let me tell you that the old tracks are very bumpy and this one is not exception. When the GPL guys made the game they needed to make a balance between the tracks and the cars physics that were not nothing like they are now. I played a lot of GPL and the cars were very unstable, if they increase that unstability with bumpy tracks they will not have a game. I've been in the industry for 15 years and I know we need to make choices sometimes. Try to go straight with the car over the bump before the climb you will see you only loose 3 to 4 kms which is acceptable, you'll loose more in the climb but that is part of the game. The track had several bumps even in the comments of the races they speak about it. I'll delete the reply.
You said you can help with the TV cams please do it and send it to me, I'll give you credit for it.

Last edited:
Hm ok first I want to clear up a few things. Saying that I am used to play tracks that are smooth and steady cars is just half the truth. The whole truth is I am also well used to bumpy tracks and twitchy cars. Actually I only drive classic and vintage cars and tracks in Assetto Corsa :D And if I wanted to drive GT3 I would use ACC for example. I started simracing many years ago... However, I understand what you are saying.

I am going to send you a private message with more details just not to put too much stuff here.

My idea was that the terrain elevation is too steep, too rough at Antoniusbuche (end of the big straight). It is like a ski jump but up hill. So your car bounces on the approach, and then jumps up at the top of the hill.

I think it should be something like B, the example below, and old online video recordings show it like that, at least to me.

AB.jpg

The "B" is completely wrong if you look in the picture above I posted, I'm sorry that this thing affect your driving the way you wanted but we need to live with the problems sometimes, I don't see it as a problem but as a track challenge.

I can't reply to your message because I died in a horrible crash from that bump
I drove couple hours last night on this awesome rendition of Nords '67 aka the Ol' Green Hell and on my setup that section feels as near as perfect for me - watching many different old vids on YT you can see how it looks right though getting 100% perfect is nigh impossible as the images are crude and no lidar data, LuisB did an awesome job with what is available imho.

The bumps you talk about convert really well to my PT-Actuator motion sim and feel just right. I used 3 x different historic open wheeler GP cars and all handled it easily making speed up the hill, the BRM P183, Ferrari 312B and 1970 Formula RSS. I guess underpowered cars may struggle a little but you can still get a pretty fast runup and hit it hard as possible !

I no expert at all, just my 2 pennies worth after racing many laps. ;)

Last edited:
Great job on this track! I was racing on it the other day using the GPL 1967 F1 cars mod, and noticed that all the AI cars were staying on the outside of both the carousel and the Kleines carousel. I haven't hand a chance yet to test any other cars on it. Any idea what is causing this?

Also, what are the chances that we could get a pre-1967 layout, without the Hohenrain chicane?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea