Resource icon

Misc No "understeer FFB effect" Mod 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dmitry Zaharov submitted a new resource:

No understeer mod - ffb slip angle codemasters understeer

Basically the same as my similar mod for F1 2012 which disables weird front tyre slip effect, so called "understeer" completely. This effect is nothing more than a function of steering wheel angle and a speed and have nothing to do with actual car physics. I made this mod for myself and FFB now feels better in my opinion. To enabled this mod, go to game folder and inside "forcefeedback" folder. Open "effectsetup.xml" file (I suggest to make a backup of it) with notepad. Search for the line that...

Read more about this resource...

Scott Tanner

3vil - Steam
I actually never tried this is 2012 as i just couldn't get used to my DFGT. Now that 2013 feels much better on a pad, ill have to see how i get on. Maybe i will use your mod. Ill say thanks in advance if i find it works for me ;)

I tried this i have fanatec CSW and f1 rim when i use this i have hardly any ffb for some reason what wheel you using ?
My in game setting are 10% envo !00% ffb dont matter if i have this to 10 or 100 feels the same and wheel weight 0%.

Sorry but you may be confused about understeer as this file has no effect on that.

On my Fanatec PWTS all this file does is remove the FFB effects whilst cornering and in the process makes the wheel feel dead.

It does feel lighter and hence maybe why you think it is decreasing understeer. I ran several tests and the car will still understeer if you enter a corner at an incorrect or too high speed and it is also dependant on the track and tyre wear.

I am trying to be constructive as the title of the mod is very misleading.

Sorry but you may be confused about understeer as this file has no effect on that.

On my Fanatec PWTS all this file does is remove the FFB effects whilst cornering and in the process makes the wheel feel dead.

It does feel lighter and hence maybe why you think it is decreasing understeer. I ran several tests and the car will still understeer if you enter a corner at an incorrect or too high speed and it is also dependant on the track and tyre wear.

I am trying to be constructive as the title of the mod is very misleading.

blanes is right! all this mod does is eliminate the ffb when your front tires start slipping and not the car pyhsics itself!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 78 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000