1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Driving Aids & Using A Wheel

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Paul Jones, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Is a wheel so much better to use when driving without the likes of TC and ABS?

I've never used a wheel whilst owning an Xbox (nearly 4 years now) and have always played the racing genre using a controller.

Now I've spotted the Mad Catz MC2 Wireless wheel and I can pick it up for a reasonable price

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on it?

Paul

2. While it costs a lot id suggest g27 all the way, however if your budget is lower than the force gt might be a better option for you.

3. Yes, a wheel will multiply by factor 1000 the pleasure you get from driving and probably make you faster too, if you spend a lot of time with racing games it's the right move.

4. I have the MS wheel and although it was weird to start off with (i mean really weird to the point where i didnt like it) i now couldnt race without it... love it!!

5. I may be wrong, but I think most 3rd party wheels (including G27 and GT Force) dont work on Xbox.

Im enjoying racing a lot more now I have a G27 and yes it lends itself to not using ABS and TC.

6. Thanks for the replies everyone. My budget for the wheel wasn't high. I don't consider a wheel a priority at the moment, but that being said, I wanted to try one out.

I managed to pick up the Mad Catz wheel for £80 from Argos. I know you can get them for less off eBay and other internet stores but I'm very impatient when it comes to online purchases. I only make them when it's necessary lol. I walked past Gamestation to see the wheel advertised in the window for £129.99 so I'm pretty happy with it.

If I find I like using a wheel, I'll consider a change in the near future :)

Paul

7. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Definately a purchase you wont regret, especially if your into racing games as much as you have said. Its a no brainer.

Oh and TC/ABS off with a wheel? Absolutely!!

8. It's more fun to drive with a wheel but in this game I suspect it will actually make you slower, since the game does alot of under the hood assisting when you're using a controller.

9. no aids with wheel is a must and its much more easier..
    respect to all the no assist gamepad drivers..

10. It is more fun to drive with a wheel but with the MS wheel I find it difficult to play Forza without some Traction control on the fast cars (I play F1 on PC with a DFGT which is similar to the MS wheel). The reason I need TC is due to the the flimsy pedals, if you can deal with feathering the throttle with your ankle/calf muscles go for it but I find this very difficult to get right. The pedals on the G27 are much much better for feathering the throttle. So I would say TCS off if you are brave or have a G27 or similar type wheel.

I haven't seen or used that MadCatz wheel but I am going to venture a guess that its pedals would be similar to the MS wheel

11. I have the even cheaper MadCatz wheel which although has been slated at times has done me fine up to now. I was looking at this wheel myself from Argos but can you tell me does it have force feedback at all and what is the resitance like to the pedals?

Cheers

12. David, go for this.. ;p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• TM.jpg
      TM.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  13. How much and a link would be nice Fahad :D

14. Nice, but I cannot afford that Fahad, shame but the one I have chosen will do just fine and I can afford it :D grumble, grumble, random insult, grumble :D

15. really neither can i afford it..
    i had to save for sometime to even get the g27..

TM F430 should be good.. have a friend using it.. he is relatively happy..

16. Metal paddles and metal pedals!! Now your talking. I would love the paddles to have a nice notchy clunk feel to them and not so much spring loaded like my MS one.

17. I totally agree Chris it was a big selling point for me. I tried in the shops demo version's and know they will be a bit slack and possibly damaged but plastic shifters and pedals just fell like they are about to break any moment. With the metal it feel's better, more reliable more of a real feel. Also with that wheel it feels good as do the pedals out of the tested it was the best for the money in fact bloody good so good I am buying it :D it also has a special function button to configure, move click or click move for commands four positions 8 possible configuration's and it is all illuminated and look's very nice ohh shiny O_O not a fan of the Ferrari logo but I can put something else on top of it :D

18. I still use my trusty Wingman Formula Force GP from logitech, Force feedback, 4 buttons 2 paddles, flimsy pedals, noisey, 10 years old, used & abused on various incarnations of need for speed. Drivers are still available (same ones as the G25 & g27). Still works perfectly.
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/formulaforcegp/page2.asp