F1 2010 Nice Set of Mods = a New Game

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I think I have finally got myself a great game .....

Running a newer PC, with all settings on ULTRA.

Along with the following Mods from here (Using Generic Mod Enabler):

RDD Truelight Ultra DX9
RDD Huds + Car HUD
RDD - All Retextured Cars in HD that are available
RDD - Artwork
RDD - Helmets
RDD - True Weather
RDD - Cams

RPM Lights
25% More Damage (Not less grip file though)
Tweaked AI V0.01 Beta
Catch up file - tweaked all to "false"
Pirreli Tyres V2
Audio v0.5 (with 5 speakers dotted around me)
CM Water fixes

I have to say the game is running sweet and is like a new game, its truely fantastic ..... but has taken all these Mods to make it as such.

BIG THANKS to all the RD Devs, and the Modders I have used Mods mentioned above.

I think I have finally got myself a great game .....

Running a newer PC, with all settings on ULTRA.

Along with the following Mods from here (Using Generic Mod Enabler):

RDD Truelight Ultra DX9
RDD Huds + Car HUD
RDD - All Retextured Cars in HD that are available
RDD - Artwork
RDD - Helmets
RDD - True Weather
RDD - Cams

RPM Lights
25% More Damage (Not less grip file though)
Tweaked AI V0.01 Beta
Catch up file - tweaked all to "false"
Pirreli Tyres V2
Audio v0.5 (with 5 speakers dotted around me)
CM Water fixes

I have to say the game is running sweet and is like a new game, its truely fantastic ..... but has taken all these Mods to make it as such.

BIG THANKS to all the RD Devs, and the Modders I have used Mods mentioned above.

Sounds like a great list, but what is the 'Catchup' file?

Just wondering, why was the catchup boost added? I mean, what does it achieve?

I believe it was there to simulate the AI switiching their engines to Fast - to catch you, and to keep the player in the action.

To me its unrealistic as you can never work on gaining a good lead for pitting, however if you tweak this file, run a medium strength team, with no assists etc, and the AI Tweak file + damage mod file it plays out much more realistic.

I spent 2 hours last night - with this new AI Tweak file, 25% more damage and the tweaked catch up file in a Lotus.

The race was great. Constantly in the middle of the pack fighting for position, really good defending from the AI - and some aggressive driving etc, etc. Also because of the Damage file - I had to be cautious yet still aggressive, and there where was a good balance of DNF's from the AI due to their new style of driving and the damage mod.

eg:

Last night was the First time in a race at Monaco I saw a HRT collide with a Virgin no more than 200m in front of me, and had to swerve around them, through the smoke and debris ........... excellent stuff (they where both DNF) :)

Best race I have had yet since buying F1 2010.

I just had my first race, and it was completly awesome (i crashed in lap 8 tho XD, locked up my brakes and skidded into the nearest wall @ monaco)

The AI was competitive, i was in a sauber i was battling with Petrov for 15th place, with Hulkenberg right behind me.

A whole new game :D

Don't change the catchup file - I did and made the basic mistake of not backing it up and now the game will not start!

Oh dear - always, always back up the relevant files before modding anything!

I believe it was there to simulate the AI switiching their engines to Fast - to catch you, and to keep the player in the action.

To me its unrealistic as you can never work on gaining a good lead for pitting, however if you tweak this file, run a medium strength team, with no assists etc, and the AI Tweak file + damage mod file it plays out much more realistic.

I spent 2 hours last night - with this new AI Tweak file, 25% more damage and the tweaked catch up file in a Lotus.

The race was great. Constantly in the middle of the pack fighting for position, really good defending from the AI - and some aggressive driving etc, etc. Also because of the Damage file - I had to be cautious yet still aggressive, and there where was a good balance of DNF's from the AI due to their new style of driving and the damage mod.

eg:

Last night was the First time in a race at Monaco I saw a HRT collide with a Virgin no more than 200m in front of me, and had to swerve around them, through the smoke and debris ........... excellent stuff (they where both DNF) :)

Best race I have had yet since buying F1 2010.

Catch up is basically 'rubberbanding', isn't it? I don't know why, but that always seems to be in racing games. Not sure if it was in the Geoff Crammond games, especially the first one, F1GP because I recall being overtaken and then seeing the car that just went past do a rapid disappearing act because I wasn't driving fast enough to catch him!!

2 files in there, if you want just the 25% more damage only extract the (loose parts) file and drop it in your main F1 2010 folder, as thats the damage file.

the other (surface material) will change your grip - so leave that one

Does that affect the AI's damage threshold as well?

Edit: Sorry, just read your other post - judging by the increased DNFs, it does. What does the engineer say if an AI DNFs?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%