1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie which online game?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Nick Milton, May 18, 2014.

1. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Captain Slow Premium Member

so many

assoto accota or whatever it is

whats the general feeling? i know there will be different opinions, but trying to get a feel, quite like the assota look, but it seem to be in early stage?
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Yes, this is a big problem indeed!
  3. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Captain Slow Premium Member

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

The choice of Sim for On-Line racing should be based on more than just which Sim might seem the best. The quality of racing environment and the character of those racing with you is extremely important.
    The best sim in the world soon turns sour when trying to race with a bunch of ego driven, overly aggressive, wrecker type people. Also, look for well organized, reliable events. ;)
  5. What is Assoto Accota? Lol.

In my opinion Assetto will be the reference in the next years if you don't want to pay periodic fees like in Iracing. I think AC will be the new Rfactor.
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Just buy all the racing games that come out. Have done so for the last 15 years and I am always up to date with the latest titles. With two to three titles being released each year its still one of the cheapest hobbies you can have :)

Plus you can then decide yourself what you like.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Car physics, FFB, graphics and sounds are big part of whole subjective gaming experience so I would start by trying the game demo's first. Then you need evalute contet and value for money before starting to pick right simulator for you.

I will say that Assetto Corsa seems to be moving right direction with moddability, content, feel, sound and value for money.
    Technical side of multiplay still needs work as it is with most of the driving simulators.
    Last edited: May 22, 2014