New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Doug62

Premium
I'm sorry I have to do this but I can't answer any off this at S397 for being banned on a BS excuse!

Author
Fábio Martins

SUGGESTIONS by the community:

1 -
Solve the opponents "guessing" problem - (Maybe adding small thumbnails of the opponent cars). And don`t divide the opponent name in 2 lines. It`s confusing.

2 - Dark Mode UI

3 - Replace Studio 397 Billboards - (either with some fake brands advertisers that resemble the real ones, like PES did for some teams for example), or invest in a RP and just sell the space to real advertisers and make big money from this problem.

4 - Give us something more visual in track selection. Either killer thumbnails of each track (must be a really clean photo) or an 10 seconds video. Taking ACC as example on this particular point is not a shame.

5 - Put a small (small!) "STUDIO 397" logo next to the official content. (in track selection for example). As the menu is almost black and white right now, it would be cool to have the small logo on color, just for punctuation.

6 - Remove the track versions of the tracks from the track selection menu, to make it more clean.

7 - Course direction arrow at track map is needed.

Studio 397, thank you for the update. I think this is the beginning of something really good, but there are some major things that should be changed if you guys want to be above everything else on the market.

Overall the UI is clean, but you guys are missing important points...

[IMG]

The track selection, is still a mess. Look at those names!
What is Interlagos 1.3 ??? That track does not exist. I know it`s the version, but it`s a fault in the UI (at least put the numbers smallers).
The version should not be in the name of the track. We should be able to change the name of the track in this screen (content manager style), to make sure all the tracks (including the mods) would look the same. Also this screen should have a killer photo of the track in the left (or a little 10 seconds video). It would be way more clean and modern (ACC style). The "map line" of the track alone is NOT good in the track selection menu. It is acceptable in the loading screen.

[IMG]

The worst part of the new UI is the opponents selection. For me this was always the main reason I hated the RF2 Ui, and basically, did not change anything!
Look At the screen above.
What`s the car color of the "#14b Endless Motorsport - Takayuki Kinoshita" ??? Orange? Black?

And if I have a WTCR mod for example? It would have like 5 different brands (Audi, Honda, Seat etc), but by the names I can`t even know what car I`m choosing for the opponent. So the problem is still the same from the old menu.

The "monaco" circuit, is cool, but it has A LOT of "Studio 397" billboards.

In fact they are all over the place. Here is not even half the track. I mean 30% of this would be way too much! It`s impossible to be immersed.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is not driving in Monaco. This is driving in some other place.

Again, thank you for the updates. I`m sure it was a lot of work, but please change some of these things, (starting in the opponent selection). It`s really important.

PS - The car selection images are great. Very good decision. Different and clean.

For the most part I agree but looking at the car select screen a large issue with this particular screenshot is the cars listed. Many are my work as add-ons and I see a lot from other know painters. A point being made is there's no pictures off the cars.
This is new! The UI is new. Painters didn't do ICONs because they simply didn't work in the old UI. So Yes, the issue is the same at the moment but authors need time to update all add-ons and skins packs to work with the new UI.

Track side banners Ad boards.
The track dose look rather horrid with just really bad low res rF2 and Studio 397 the hole way around.
A thought! We can change car liveries by adding a DDS format to a WCCARBODY (WC meaning Wild Card). As a WC texture we can make and place our own textures on a car, Livery, Windows< driver and so on.

How hard would it be to make the boards with a WC texture so we can add advertising to the track ourselves?
Offline, Simple another.
Online, Server set with default. Each player will see only their own added textures or just the default. Not a issue as the textures must use the default texture name to work it wouldn't be a mismatch and cause tracks to have multi versions. Each player only see what he/she has install.

Join the club I got a lifetime ban from Tim for bashing rF2 haters and even though that was ISI days I can't use S397 either lol

There are still bugs from first build need fixing before a UI or anything else .....imho

If you do a Ai race with pitstops cars on track using inside lines close to pitwalls ( or line at Monaco ) slow dramatically if any car is in pits ........... happens Belgium, Monaco, Italy just for starters

Historic Ai valving bouncing every gear, 10.000rpm ..... why ?

Why not these things fixed ? ...buried in code ?

Basically those 2 things alone destroy good ai races and there is more

what does Ui do for races

So I just purchased the game the day before update and I opted into the beta UI, I had to jump through hoops for a total of 36 hours just to get the beta UI to work.

So now that I have the new beta UI working how do I make a racing series? I no longer see an option or that?
I mean just being new to the sim I had just figured it out on the old UI but spent the majority of the time fiddling arround trying to set up and get the game to even work after beta update.

So any help would be great!!!!

I forgot something now when I select opponents for single race if there are 5 liveries it adds all 5 livery cars into the field. I'm trying to run gt3 cars with multi selection of cars but ony can get max 5 diferent cars even though i have more than 5 gt3 cars because it add every driver per single car now.

Have to agree with Emery.
Anyone who is new to rF2 or are just interested in racing would be far better off staying away from the new UI.

For a 3 year long project it's pretty broken.!!!

I saw this post over on the S397 Forums. It's worth talking about.

Just remember S397 always stated the version wouldn't try to fix the problems of the old UI, that would be for later. They just wanted to get migrated to a whole new way of doing the UI and then later, when they were comfortable with it, they could start fixing the usability issues.

I saw this post over on the S397 Forums. It's worth talking about.

Just remember S397 always stated the version wouldn't try to fix the problems of the old UI, that would be for later. They just wanted to get migrated to a whole new way of doing the UI and then later, when they were comfortable with it, they could start fixing the usability issues.
Already been 3 years,sorry but that doesn’t cut the mustard,they are very quick to bring out new car and track packs but lazy on the fundamentals.
Welcome to the millennia!

Been reading things from others and I've found a few issues that are not just affecting the new UI but also the old one.
ModManager.
The old one.
I have had a issue were rF2 wouldn't run at all. I've got that sorted but one thing I noticed when working on it was the ModManger didn't load Uninstalled mods/tracks to the list. Refresh didn't do anything.

Opt into new UI to try it there.
This time the uninstalled showed up. Good right?
Clicked on a uninstalled mod and the buttons lit up on the right of pic.
1578392469858.png

See the lit up "Install & delete" Refresh is always lit. Greyed out is inactive.
Now I had two mods I wanted to load. Used to be you could Ctrl + Alt & click on both, multiple & they would load in a schedule list. This no longer work.

Because I had 2 mods to load and could only do 1 I did so.
Once the install was done the others that are "uninstalled all disappeared! I could no long find or load the second mod. Refresh the list didn't do anything.
Went back to the car select page and couldn't find the mod that was just loaded.
Had to shut down rF2 and restart it. And yes, wait for your fav server! Haha..

The mod was loaded and showing. So far so good.
go back to ModManager, find and install the second mod.
And yes you've guest it! Restart rF2 before it showed up.

Now go the other way. Wish to uninstall a mod?
Forget it. ModManager will not light up the "uninstall" button. Off cause you can only uninstall mods and track that are marked as "Local" Meaning a rfcmp that is in your package folder. Workshop items will not uninstall via the Modmanager, never have.
Please don't brand me stupid.

Adding AI when on track.
We've found that the Add AI on track is limited to 19 AI + yourself = 20 total.
Most series run 30+ at least cars. The game picks cars randomly after it's used up all the available liveries.
Simply put is we can't Add AI after 19. Only boot.

Showroom, Tuning.
There is no area to be able to select, change the showroom in the new UI.
As great as the S397 showroom is, It's no good for painting and viewing liveries for obvious reasons. Plus now with the new UI needing a side shot png off the cars we need to use a different showroom again for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now This is feedback that studio stupid should get.
I can't post there.
Please someone copy, pasd this into their UI feedback. It will benefit you as well that they know these things.
Just above the line would be good! Haha....

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea