Cars New physics for bazza's gpl 67 mod 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
weikangcai submitted a new resource:

New physics for bazza's gpl 67 mod - car physics grip weight

This updates bazza's gpl 67 mod for AC
changes include
1. increased grip
2. better default setup
3. increased car weight (assume driver's weight is 70kg)
4. decrease BRM's engine volumn (requires CSP)
5. AI brakes more efficiently

in general, cars are faster and AI at 100% difficult can do lap times like in real life 1967 GP.

Note: Kyalami had been widened and resurfaced in 1968, the one in AC should be considered the 1976 version (see AMS 2) and is faster than the 1967 version. Zandvoort...

Read more about this resource...

Increased grip? The cars were already too fast.
for unmodified cars it's 1:31 in silverstone vs 1:24(pole) or 1:27(fastest lap)
even with increased grip it's 3:33.7 in spa vs 3:24(pole) or 3:32(fastest lap)
nurburging 67 pole is 8:04. with increased grip it's 8:10+ corresponding to fastest lap 8:15
watkins glen, 67 pole is 1:04 fastest lap 1:06. in game with my modification, fastest AI is 1:07
I don't know where do you get the idea that the original cars are too fast. they're way slower than GPL or AMS2 and of course reality

*Edit* 1967 pole time for spa is 3:28.1, for silverstone is 1:25.3 I didn't remember them correctly

Last edited:
for unmodified cars it's 1:31 in silverstone vs 1:24(pole) or 1:27(fastest lap)
even with increased grip it's 3:33.7 in spa vs 3:24(pole) or 3:32(fastest lap)
nurburging 67 pole is 8:04. with increased grip it's 8:10+ corresponding to fastest lap 8:15
watkins glen, 67 pole is 1:04 fastest lap 1:06. in game with my modification, fastest AI is 1:07
I don't know where do you get the idea that the original cars are too fast. they're way slower than GPL or AMS2 and of course reality

The original mod can do 3:24's or 3:25's in qualy pace around Spa. That's 3-4 seconds faster than the actual pole lap.

What grip setting did you test on?

Last edited:
The original mod can do 3:24's or 3:25's in qualy pace around Spa. That's 3-4 seconds faster than the actual pole lap.

What grip setting can be adjusted in AC? everything by default. just because a human player can do a ridiculously fast lap, doesn't mean the cars are too fast, check gpl hot laps. I'd like to watch that 3:24 lap

https://f1.fandom.com/wiki/1967_Belgian_Grand_Prix described a 67 belgian gp accident

it was Parkes who was first to hit the oil slick on the flat out Blanchimont corner.[1] The Englishman lost control on the slick and was sent into the trees at over 150mph,

even with my mod that corner is not flat out, about 220km/h in the apex of the 1st faster left hander (both by me and AI), 150mph=240km/h

What grip setting can be adjusted in AC? everything by default. just because a human player can do a ridiculously fast lap, doesn't mean the cars are too fast, check gpl hot laps. I'd like to watch that 3:24 lap

https://f1.fandom.com/wiki/1967_Belgian_Grand_Prix described a 67 belgian gp accident

it was Parkes who was first to hit the oil slick on the flat out Blanchimont corner.[1] The Englishman lost control on the slick and was sent into the trees at over 150mph,

even with my mod that corner is not flat out, about 220km/h in the apex of the 1st faster left hander (both by me and AI), 150mph=240km/h

The track grip? Green is 95%, Slow 96%, Fast 98%, Optimum 100%.

Players were regularly doing laps in the 3:24-3:26 range at Spa.

This is a 3:25 lap in gpl in race(!) in spa by a human player. it's the more accurate version, not the default version by papyrus

Is gpl cars too fast for you?

This is a 3:25 lap in gpl in race(!) in spa by a human player. it's the more accurate version, not the default version by papyrus

Is gpl cars too fast for you?

We're going off the GPL 67 mod by Bazza for Assetto Corsa, not the GPL game.

Increased grip? The cars were already too fast.
In a short race, the fastest lap of AI in the default kunos lotus 49 @ silverstone is 1:27:875
In my mod the fastest lap of AI in the lotus 49 @ silverstone is 1:27:937
in bazza's mod the fastest lap of AI in lotus 49 @ silverstone is 1:31

so bazza's mod is the odd one

I salute SteamPunkCrow who register more than 1 year ago (Nov-2021), made absolutely no posts, no reaction score, came here to just give "like" to Velocita who can't defend himself.

Last edited:
I salute SteamPunkCrow who register more than 1 year ago (Nov-2021), made absolutely no posts, no reaction score, came here to just give "like" to Velocita who can't defend himself.
Next time, when you're right about something let me know and I'll be happy to come give you some likes, too buddy. Until then, keep whining because somebody else got a like and you didn't.

The fact that Lotus 49 in Bazza's mod is way slower than Kunos' default lotus 49 made Velocita's claim indefensible

What claim? I still managed a 3:25 around Spa with your mod and can do a 3:24 with the unmodded gpl Lotus.

If you were only intending on releasing this for AI to help balance that you should have stated that in your original post.

I can also register many accounts or call my friends to give me "likes". but I'm more honorable than that

Otto Smik wat.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 36.6%