New Long Beach slide show

Im having trouble with the slide show that is Long Beach. All my other tracks work great. Sebring is smooth. Is there an optimisation problem? Any one else have this? And is there quick fix? Turning graphics down didnt do the trick for me.

Im having trouble with the slide show that is Long Beach. All my other tracks work great. Sebring is smooth. Is there an optimisation problem? Any one else have this? And is there quick fix? Turning graphics down didnt do the trick for me.
i get similar framerates as most of the other newer tracks, so I can't offer any quick fix. I would perhaps try un-installing the track and then installing it again. Verify files once that is done.

nope that didnt work. Frame rate is terrible for me. I have a AMD 3800X EVGA 2080 super 32 G ram RFactor 2 runs great otherwise
I just reloaded the track and had about 25 mixed Minis and Caters, fps was just what I would expect. My only thoughts are the famed rain or sunset/nightime conditions? My testing was at whatever the default practice time was for LB.

I not on sim tower (3440 Gsync) so I tested AI on my TV 4K
Long Beach ( first time I ran ) 26 Indycar
4K most everything max
Locked to 100fps in NVCP never dropped below which I think is normal for DLC tracks.
5600X - 32GB - RTX3080 all running stock as well lots running in background.
Looked okay ( I think ) Only normal quality print screen multitasking
4k 100fps.jpg

Im think I got this figured out, turns out I was using the 2022-21 BTCC cars. I tried the Formula pro and GT3 cars and no problem, smooth frames. Went back to BTCC and low frames. I dropped the player and opponent detail down to High and I get smooth frames. So maybe some optimisation is needed on the BTCC cars or my machine just doesnt like the BTCC.

Not sure it's something else as there are fair few people with low fps.

Since I have 4K 100fps with various cars mentioned in threads here and S397 the only thing I can think may be worth investigating are video and in-game settings.

I had just done a fresh OS, so reset NVCP apart from I change fps limit 100 and 30fps in game menus, nothing else and no inspector.

P.S. Nvidia users I would test without using DSR enabled.

Last edited:
Btcc is fairly hard to run. Daytona, ww tech and now long beach is the future I’m afraid, most will be hard to run due to pbr. Rip vr for the newer content lol. U could also try clearing the shaders. Tappi has a great rf2 loading tool (on GitHub) where u can store presets for tougher situations. Well I suppose now u can save presets it’s lesser required but it does have reshade and a few other tricks. I would def avoid avoid sunset/sunrise times for newer tracks. I only bought lb this morning so havnt tested it yet but I have been reading about it on discord (which is where I think u would get dev support for this btw as your system is more than adequate). I expect even worse problems tonight in vr when I do get time however I always found the mod to be pretty good so I will revert to that if it’s really bad. Worth noting the biggest problem in rf2 is your cpu not gpu so 5800x3d if u are really committed and prepared to spend has solved a lot of user issues on am4.

Im think I got this figured out, turns out I was using the 2022-21 BTCC cars. I tried the Formula pro and GT3 cars and no problem, smooth frames. Went back to BTCC and low frames. I dropped the player and opponent detail down to High and I get smooth frames. So maybe some optimisation is needed on the BTCC cars or my machine just doesnt like the BTCC.
Also do u know about the hack where u set to opponents details to low in game menu but then override this in the json file? That helps a lot too

Awesome man I don’t do the player textures just the opponents. But if u can’t notice a difference it will help no doubt. Have u done all the pit lane changes etc in the json. They help a lot too

I’m shocked how well it runs in vr for me too and I’m using pretty high settings. Do u find it a bit shimmery?

Last edited:
Just had a 88 laps lobby in lb absolutely great performance people leaving and coming in, lost ffb a couple of times leaving the pit but other than that if I dropped frames I didn’t notice. I have all the open xr and hud turned off for immersion. Hotlapping, practice, not a race. Max was 7/8 people tho so not a harsh test.

Reverb g2, 3080ti oced.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea