New Hockenheim Automobilista Preview Video Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Hockenheim 1.jpg

Reiza Studios have released a nice looking new preview video of the upcoming Hockenheim DLC due to drop for Automobilista very soon indeed...

Forming the third "Legendary Tracks" DLC package for the excellent racing simulation Automobilista, the Hockenheim DLC pack will consist of four versions of this famous circuit: 1976, 1988, 2001 and the present day variant of the track. As an additional bonus, Reiza have confirmed that layout variations including the Rallycross track will also be included, giving gamers another playground in which to drive the brilliant Mitsubishi Lancer Rallycross cars that form part of the stock content offering.

To celebrate the upcoming public release of this latest DLC pack Reiza have put together a nice on board lap of the 2001 version of the circuit in the fictional ( ;) ) F-V10 car. You can check the 2 minute 12 second video out below:

As an additional bonus, those of you with a keen ear will notice the video above includes a first listen to the latest audio developments due to be including in the next build of the game. Showing some significant promise, the sound of this incredible Ferrar... fantasy Formula V10 engine as it screams around the circuit makes for an impressive ride. The sound update will form part of the v1.4 release scheduled to be brought to the public build of the game towards the end of May.

And if you'd like an additional preview into the historical legend, check out our onboard Hotlap with the V10 Formula One car!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios. Post release DLC can be purchased separately for an additional cost.

Automobilista Hockenheim 2.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Looking forward to the Hockenheim DLC? Do you enjoy AMS? Have you tried the track(s) in Beta yet, if so what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
That´s the track i was hoping and what was missing before:rolleyes:. The layout is only a bit different from the pCars historic-version, but the physics and FFB is just way above everything else:thumbsup:. Over 227 km/h average speed with the F V12 i can tell:D

This AI on the new max. aggression level is just incredible if dialed in. Still aware of me, but fighting like it´s about life and death:inlove:.

That´s the track i was hoping and what was missing before:rolleyes:. The layout is only a bit different from the pCars historic-version, but the physics and FFB is just way above everything else:thumbsup:. Over 227 km/h average speed with the F V12 i can tell:D

This AI on the new max. aggression level is just incredible if dialed in. Still aware of me, but fighting like it´s about life and death:inlove:.
i think theres (generally speaking) an 80s layout + a 60s layout...not sure if both are coming to AMS or not (hopefully so). at least one of the chicanes on this layout is a lot tighter than in pCARS, but i'm not sure if this is due to error or an official revision/later layout...anyone know?

i think theres (generally speaking) an 80s layout + a 60s layout...not sure if both are coming to AMS or not (hopefully so). at least one of the chicanes on this layout is a lot tighter than in pCARS, but i'm not sure if this is due to error or an official revision/later layout...anyone know?

No '60s layout mentioned, though the paving appears to exist in the video. 1976 layout is this version:
1976-hockenheim.jpg

1988 version:
1988-hockenheim2.jpg

Last edited:
88 has the tightest first chicane, which is never shown in track maps.

70s:

80s:

2001:
didnt realize that! but yes, i was thinking of the added (2nd) chicane, which is taken very fast, has a kink-like quality to it. feels on the edge no matter your skill level, & will almost sure to be my preferred layout of the 3. [er...4, if you count all the ones called "hockenheim"..]

M D Gourley

Premium
Looking forward to the Hockenheim DLC? Do you enjoy AMS? Have you tried the track(s) in Beta yet, if so what are your impressions?
Always looking forward to Reiza's updates and new content as they are the best at delivering out of all the Sims I own...The Hockenheim tracks are extremely nice and I like that all content, Cars and Tracks have a consistent look and feel to them and this is why I personally rate Reiza's Automobilista my top Sim of choice.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000