New Guy to R3E: about to dip toes in - have questions

Hi

im about to try out R3E since i heard it is going triple screen, but i have some questions if someone could give some answers too thanks, before i tacke the 25GB download :confused:

1. If i buy 1xGT3 car can i race all other makes in that class, or just the model i bought?
2. do you have to setup a nvidia inspector profile to get most out of graphics?
3. are the real tracks covered in there own branding or real sponsors?
4. i have seen some clips where they have massive arrows pointing which way the corner is going on signs, is this really whats at all tracks?
5 can you run different controller configs per car? eg: car A uses paddles, Car B Seq. Shifter

thanks

1. You can only drive the car you buy but you will be racing against all others in the class.
2. No you don't.
3. A bit of both.
4. You can turn them off in options, but they can be handy for getting your braking points when learning a new track.
5. You can set up different controller profiles.
Hope that helps and you enjoy R3E.

Hi

im about to try out R3E since i heard it is going triple screen, but i have some questions if someone could give some answers too thanks, before i tacke the 25GB download :confused:

1. If i buy 1xGT3 car can i race all other makes in that class, or just the model i bought?
2. do you have to setup a nvidia inspector profile to get most out of graphics?
3. are the real tracks covered in there own branding or real sponsors?
4. i have seen some clips where they have massive arrows pointing which way the corner is going on signs, is this really whats at all tracks?
5 can you run different controller configs per car? eg: car A uses paddles, Car B Seq. Shifter

thanks

1. all you need is one car from the pack to race all in that class
  2. i don't and it looks amazing as it is with real good fps 140+ (30+ cars on track) im on tripples 3x 24 with a 1080ti and just about max out settings
  3. real track have real branding i think and not that ive really noticed their own branding or if it their its placed well.(dont quote me on this )
  4. yes they are there if you want them you can disable them.. they may/canlook horrible in single player ect, and can spoil the effect, but in online racing in a pack they are a perfect and work real well, im that engrossed in the racing you don't notice them for what they are, but i find them useful online for sure.
  5. yes what ever you like its perfect in that way.

Kenny is still quicker than me :ninja::ninja: :roflmao::roflmao:

@Rob Fitness It's exactly that one download away. It's included in today's patch that's currently being deployed :)

Which also includes an option for automatic switching between H-shifter mode and sequential mode based on what the car uses, as per your fifth point, so it should now be even easier and you should only be needing one controller profile without the need to change anything manually.

Last edited:
You might want to check out the Moods folder,You can change the Shaders,I use Realistic,You just have to rename the one you want to use to "Default".
The path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\Shaders\dx9\fx\moods.

You shouldn't be using the moods, according to the devs, they're just leftovers from the past and are long deprecated. I am aware of the fact they still work, but they're not intended for use. You're better off using ReShade or something like that if you really need to.

Ok. So I got a o do some initial looksee laps in various cars and tracks just generally sticking beaking in general. I got the triples sorted ok.

I have a 7700k @4600 and a 1080ti. But am only getting on average around 70 fps in a new replay with only 3 cars visible in shot it dropped to 25fps. I dialed it back to 4xmsaa which didn’t really make any worthwhile fps increase. Does this sound correct??? Also I see a lot of missing seat parts next to my helmet when I move my view back so I’m not resting my chin in the dashboard view.

Spent a hour in the junior open wheel last night just to get more initial impressions going and WOW. I really like this sim. So glad they finally went triples. I just selected high as graphics rather than fiddling everything to the max still looks very good and now FPS stays over 80 starting at back of 30 car grid.

Most glaring flaw and maybe only my only gripe in game are the exhaust flames. They are horrible if they were at least AC level would be so so much better. It’s a big thing to me and detracts a lot as you see them a lot

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back