New Forza Motorsport wheel bundle or something else?

Hi,

So I’ve just sold my CSL Elite wheelbase, pedals and shifter and am ready to buy a replacement. I’m 90% sure on the Forza bundle but am worried there might be a V3 base around the corner. Anyone heard anything about this?

I also have a Trak Racer RS8 mk4 rig which I’m going to sell as the new pedals won’t fit, a bit annoying as otherwise it’s fine for my use. The rig I’ve been looking at is the Trak Racer TR8 as it’s fairly compact again and has the monitor stand built in.

Budget is around £2k and any help would be appreciated.
(Apologies for the recent multiple posts, I’m trying to get this right before spending this much and making a mistake)

Last edited:
I know in these sorts of threads someone always comes up with a suggestion that roughly translates to "have you thought about spending a helluva lot more money?", but...

Have you thought about a DD wheel and Heusinkveld pedals?

From Demon Tweeks, Simucube 2 Sport and Heusinkveld sprints come to £1750 or so. You'd still need a wheel rim (like this one maybe), and a button box with paddle shifters, and a h-pattern shifter (like this). You even could learn to make your own button boxes for wheels, which is great fun if you're that way inclined.

I don't know anything about the Trak Racer RS8, but could you not drill more holes in the pedal plate to make the pedals fit?

The Fanatec gear you're looking at is fine. I have the CSW 2.5 base and it's great, but I recently got the Heusinkveld Sprint pedals and they're a huge step up from Fanatec pedals (in my opinion). I'm gradually moving away from Fanatec products, and would've saved a lot of money by doing it sooner than I did.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend on the hobby and whether you see yourself upgrading again in a couple of years time?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea