1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New Content for July-Sept 2011

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Here's the new (ie not used in Historic Club events thus far) content we'll be trying out in Q3 of this year.

GT Legends Additional Content

Vehicles
    Mercury Cougar
    1968 Mini 1275S
    Lotus Elite S1 & S2
    Mini Broadspeed GTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrari 250GTO Road Racing Series
    Ferrari 250GTO part1 & part2

Bathurst 67
    Longford 67
    Sachsenring 67
    Charade 70
    Le Mans 70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rFactor Additional Content

Vehicles

Spirit of 76
    Legends Cars

Please just remember - this is not the complete list of what we will be using. This is just the content we haven't used before.

Also, after the RDHGP season finishes, I'll be running a Road Racing series using a single vehicle (the Ferrari 250GTO) on some long, road tracks

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Updated with details of the 250GTO Road Racing series

3. Bathurst, sweet. I retired there on lap 1 in my first RDHGP season with the Cortina, due to a mosquito :D

Ferrari track choices overall look brilliant, looking forward to that. I just hope the car and I will get along.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I've tested the Ferrari out on a few tracks - I couldn't induce any real nasties from it.

It's pretty well balanced, got loads of gearings, a good strong engine but with a nice fat power band, not too peaky, the rear doesn't try to overtake the front when you step on the brakes or break loose when you stamp on the power.

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

All - as we are now pushing our published schedule out between 2-3 weeks in advance, is that enough warning for you with regard specifically to tracks?

Mods - yes, they're generally bigger and more complicated, so we'll always publish them quarterly, but I'm not sure it's warranted for tracks any more.

If Bob & I decide to run any Club Series (like the upcoming Road Racing series in the 250GTO) we can use threads like this to give you time to prepare with both mod & tracks being mentioned, but for Club races is the track download notifications still wanted/warranted/desired?

Tracks are released on a much higher frequency than mods, so I'd rather be able to react more quickly to use a new track than wait until the new quarter to put it in the list.

Let me know.

6. I can live with a day's notice with both mods and tracks, so I have no problems with this :good:

7. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

A couple of days notice for tracks and a week for cars is plenty for me.

Just to give people a heads up; the Ferrari GTO mod is rather hefty, so leave at least 2 days before the event to download it, as you can't get both parts in a 24 hour period. Really looking forward to the road racing series by the way, seems like a cracking idea with quality circuits.

8. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

+1

Works for me as well..

9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

As I say, I'll stick with notifying the mods quarterly (they can often be quite big, and tie up peoples download limits), but we'll revert back to the track notifications on the events, especially now that we are running > 2weeks advance notice

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Updated the rFactor mods with the Legends Cars

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Looks like we'll be avoiding any special events in the Historic Club for the immediate future and sticking to the 2xsprint format that we know works.