New AI fastlane for Imola 1995 - 2005

Misc New AI fastlane for Imola 1995 - 2005 v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Thockard

Premium
Thockard submitted a new resource:

New AI fastlane for Imola 1995 - 2005 - New AI fastlane for Imola 1995 - 2005 track made by RMI

These files have to be used for the Rmi_Imola_2001 track from RMI.

This package is generated to work with the F1 cars from 1995 until 2006. The fastlane is not generated to be the fastest, but to enable a consistent race without too many errors on the part of the AI. It avoids pit exit collisions, minimizes erratic behavior during overtakes and still provides a fast pace.

You can see below a comparison of pole position times between the original file and the new one for some mods :
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Outstanding! The only things that could be changed is the line from s/f to Tamburello which cold be more open instead of hugging the inside then erratically switching to the outside.

I'm not sure if you take requests, or are planning more lines, but the ts_hungaroringACC track could use your skillful touch, especially with sidelines on the main straight, as cars keep getting stuck on the pitwall.

Outstanding! The only things that could be changed is the line from s/f to Tamburello which cold be more open instead of hugging the inside then erratically switching to the outside.

I'm not sure if you take requests, or are planning more lines, but the ts_hungaroringACC track could use your skillful touch, especially with sidelines on the main straight, as cars keep getting stuck on the pitwall.
Hello GregzOr

Thanks for your comment and feedback.

I fully understand what you’re talking about. It was on purpose.

The Fastlane deviates from the ideal racing line to make the pit exit easier. If not, the cars running on the track would break like crazy if a car exits the pit in front of them, instead of overtaking it by the inside line.

With the Fastlane I ‘ve made, as you say, the cars are hugging the inside line to avoid this. To be honest, the AI breaking is reduced but it still exists, I did not manage to force the AI to overtake the pit exiting cars. Then the cars switch from the inside line to the outside line around the 150m panel before breaking to go through the Tamburello chicane.

Ok I could take a look on the ts_hungaroring_ACC track and check if I can do something. Actually, I have not used it yet. Do you have a link to download it, to ensure that I will work on the good resource.

Lovely work and I really appreciate your touch on these 90’s tracks. One more off topic question I have, in your comparison you talk about the Fungo 1995 mod. Which one is this? I’m only aware of the SD 1995 mod which has a questionable reputation..

Hello GregzOr

Thanks for your comment and feedback.

I fully understand what you’re talking about. It was on purpose.

The Fastlane deviates from the ideal racing line to make the pit exit easier. If not, the cars running on the track would break like crazy if a car exits the pit in front of them, instead of overtaking it by the inside line.

With the Fastlane I ‘ve made, as you say, the cars are hugging the inside line to avoid this. To be honest, the AI breaking is reduced but it still exists, I did not manage to force the AI to overtake the pit exiting cars. Then the cars switch from the inside line to the outside line around the 150m panel before breaking to go through the Tamburello chicane.

Ok I could take a look on the ts_hungaroring_ACC track and check if I can do something. Actually, I have not used it yet. Do you have a link to download it, to ensure that I will work on the good resource.
Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Lovely work and I really appreciate your touch on these 90’s tracks. One more off topic question I have, in your comparison you talk about the Fungo 1995 mod. Which one is this? I’m only aware of the SD 1995 mod which has a questionable reputation..
Hello F248f106.
I've got this mod thanks to a reddit thread or via discord. There is no author credited on this mod, but I think this is the one you are talking about. As I was aware about thie reputation of the SD mods, I decided not to give them any publicity and to name it after Fongu.

Hello F248f106.
I've got this mod thanks to a reddit thread or via discord. There is no author credited on this mod, but I think this is the one you are talking about. As I was aware about thie reputation of the SD mods, I decided not to give them any publicity and to name it after Fongu.
Sorry for my late response but thanks you! How’s the quality of that mod if I may ask?

Sorry for my late response but thanks you! How’s the quality of that mod if I may ask?
To be honest, I did not play a lot with this mod, maybe 1 hour to test the cars.

It looks like a WIP mod. Cars are correctly modelled but for some of them, details are missing. Cameras are not well located on the cars, engine sound like the engines of the playstation game Formula one 97.

In my memories, physics needed to be modified, especially engine maps.

I think the mod is playable, but from my point of view, an upgrade is necessary to enjoy it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.