1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with showroom(Spinner) sounds!

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by RiZoR, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hallo Com,

first of all,sry for my bad english.I will try to explain as good as i can what help i need.

I am working on a rf mod since ~3 years.Most things are finished.In my mod every team/driver has his own showroom.
    With own movies/Pitcrew/Gridgirls asf.
    In Carlos Spotter is a function which make it possible to play a Drivername.mp3 on an event ingame. The needed files are in a extra folder called DRIVER.
    For anybody how dosen`t know.The Spotter (programmed) looks in the Driver.veh file for the name of the Driver, example
    Team RaceDepartement
    Racedepartement.veh inside file = Driver="Race Departement"

The spotter looks for a mp3 File in the DRIVER Folder of the Spotter which must have the exact name as the used DRIVERname,that means

DRIVER/Race Departement.mp3
    If the Spotter find the file,it plays the file on an Event in game. Like Driver "Race Departement" is 2 sec. infront of you...
    Spotter use FMOD from fmod.org for advanced audio libary

So what i wanna to do is like the example in spotter, write in c++ or other easy language a litte .dll or tool which make something like this.

Things that have to be created first:
    A new Extrafolder called DRIVERMUSIK, must be in Gamedata/Sounds/Pit or Ambient wherever possible.

The Mod Musikfolder Gamdata/Musik contains only one mp3 File,no musik,just a self made ambient.mp3 which is played(looped like in rfactor standard) in Background of Showroom.
    U here not musik,just fans/crowdsound and some enginesound of cars drive true,mixed together in this ambient.mp3 file.
    This is impotrant for don`t hear two musikfiles at the same time in Spinner.

The little tool search in Driver.veh for the name of the Driver,than check up the DRIVERMUSIK folder for a compatible Driver.mp3, in my example "Race Departement.mp3" play the mp3 looped only in the showroom/Spinner of the Mod.

If you switched to an other team or driver, RaceDepartement.mp3 stops playing, and other driver.mp3 starts play.That means

An other Team called
    R Factor
    rfactor.veh = Driver="R Factor"
    DRIVERMUSIK(Folder) R Factor.mp3
    play sound

Every driver get an own mp3 File in the DRIVERMUSIK Folder which have to be played by chose the team/driver.

The most important thing is that the plugin/tool/script looks for the drivername in .veh

If you chosed a Team/Driver in Showroom and go to Track, the actually used Driver.mp3 stops to play.Like the ambient.mp3 two.

The Mod is an (must be) stand alone mod.Thats important to don`t get chrashed with other mods which use spotter.

but i dont know how to write this commands,and which is the easiest way,with Fmod or only Visual Basic.I hope u understand what i mean.

Pls, i need some help in coding this right.