Need help with my new Sim Racing Rig

Hi guys,
Im currently researching a lot of different products in order to create a nice racing rig for myself and my dad. At the moment, I have two options: one for about 1,600 euros and one for about 2,200 euros. I don't have a lot of knowledge about sim gear, I've been racing for 4 years using my G29 so I'd love some feedback! I have a Valve Index, but my dad gets quite sick when using it so he'd prefer a screen.

1,600 euros rig:
-CSL Elite racing wheel 499,95
CSL Elite Pedal LC 229,95
-Playseat Project Cars 399,00
-1440p 144hz screen 399/599

2,200 euros rig:
Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5 549.95
Clubsport Steering Wheel Universal Hub: 349,95
Clubsport Wheel Rim GT Forza Motorsport: 129,95
Clubsport Pedal V3: 359,95
Playseat Project Cars: 399,00
1440P 144hz screen 399/599

There are probably products I mentioned which will be too expensive or unneccesary, so if you guys have any notes, let me know!

Thanks!

The playseat is not very good at all, i have it, and it flexes with stock thrustmaster t300rs, i would say, if you want go for Simetik K2, or DIY 8020 rig or some Simlab. And the Simetik K2 is cheaper as well. But overall i would go for the 2200€ rig, and you dont need to separately buy the Rim and universal hub, just get the BMW rim maybe, its good for the price.

Upvote 0
The playseat is not very good at all, i have it, and it flexes with stock thrustmaster t300rs, i would say, if you want go for Simetik K2, or DIY 8020 rig or some Simlab. And the Simetik K2 is cheaper as well. But overall i would go for the 2200€ rig, and you dont need to separately buy the Rim and universal hub, just get the BMW rim maybe, its good for the price.
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I've heard a couple of people say negative things about the playseat. I'll look more into other chairs, but are there many good quality chairs for the same price as the PS?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea