1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Need help in Noordholland

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peter Eckhardt, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hi my dutch friends. I ll spend my holidys in Texel in 2 weeks time as we did it now then 12 years .My wife is 1:25 dutch and we want to visit her Grandfathers Home town Sweins near Franeker with bikes
    Do you know if we can traveling by bus with our Fietsen . We will use the line 350 over the IJsselmeer towards Leuwaarden.
    Hope anybody can help
    Dank u wel

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hey @Peter Eckhardt. I don't think you can take a bicycle on the bus unless its a folding bike.

Alternative would be to travel by train to Friesland but thats a logistical nightmare coming from Texel :(

I am not 100% sure but I do think there is a summer ferry going from the island of Texel to Vlieland and from Vlieland you should be able to get to Friesland by boat as well. Not sure though if you can take a bike on the first boat.

Or take the bus first and rent a bike for a day where the bus stops.

Or ... do as I do, ignore public transportation and take the car :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Normal (close distance) bus, I don't think you can board with the bike.
    Intercity buses, no idea.
    Train should not be a problem (you need an extra ticket, 3 eur I think).

(I had a quick look, yeah, train does not seem an option for you)

4. Thx guys . Ill think I have to go by car and take the bikes on the bike carrier

5. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

6. Bram

Bram

What kind of buscompany would that be @Andrew Boerner ?

Folding bikes are allowed at the discretion of the busdriver. Regular ones aren't.

7. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

I have googled *line 350 over the IJsselmeer towards Leuwaarden* to help abit. Google it yourself and see.There i have only found rome2rio with all infos about Bus/Train etc. I thought they are a Dutch Buscompany. Not right?

8. Bram

Bram

In this country they thought it was a idea to let busses run by private companies to increase competition. The Noord Holland and Friesland region are run by respectively "Connexxion" and "Arriva" I believe.

• Beer Beer x 1