Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

So am I right in thinking that you have to keep replacing the car and spend money to upgrade each time you go to a different track

I didn't have to do this, so the money you spent should be already available to upgrade the car. We can work a bit on it now or later before the race, Just let me know....

Peter, I've two Mustangs one B class and one C class. I don't know why that would be an issue. Of course mine always has something to do with my wheel right before the race.

@Michael Watts I was able to get within about .6 of your best time but I still have some work to do on the timing.
You can blame Peter for me putting a bigger gap for you to acheive, LoL. I had to beat his GT1 time he had in the Corvette. I ran nearly 50 laps and got the car exactly where I want it. I'm not touching anything for the rest of the day, LoL.
Upgrades:
I took the Engine Swap on the Challenger and all max engine except Flywheel I picked the Pro Street spec Flywheel.
-Drivetrain-Max on everything
-Suspension-Race Coilover
-Brakes-Max both sections
-Tires-Semi-Slick
-Body-BodyKit 2
-Competition Weight Reduction
-Race Level Cockpit (no benefit, but cool as hell)
Visuals, I went with Vinyl Livery 1 (So Robert could have #24)

I didn't have to do this, so the money you spent should be already available to upgrade the car. We can work a bit on it now or later before the race, Just let me know....
Peter, I've two Mustangs one B class and one C class. I don't know why that would be an issue. Of course mine always has something to do with my wheel right before the race.
The money is definitely gone, had over 700k but now down around 650k.

Definitely didn't work this way for me Michael. I had a Dodge already in my garage but as soon as I bought another it replaced the first one, so I still have just one but now it's un-upgraded
clear.png

You can blame Peter for me putting a bigger gap for you to acheive, LoL. I had to beat his GT1 time he had in the Corvette. I ran nearly 50 laps and got the car exactly where I want it. I'm not touching anything for the rest of the day, LoL.
Upgrades:
I took the Engine Swap on the Challenger and all max engine except Flywheel I picked the Pro Street spec Flywheel.
-Drivetrain-Max on everything
-Suspension-Race Coilover
-Brakes-Max both sections
-Tires-Semi-Slick
-Body-BodyKit 2
-Competition Weight Reduction
-Race Level Cockpit (no benefit, but cool as hell)
Visuals, I went with Vinyl Livery 1 (So Robert could have #24)
I tried the same engine swap but then whenever I tried upgrading anything afterwards it warned me that it would no longer be in the same class even though the numbers below still kept it within the class range.. No idea what's going on with it but didn't want to go ahead and do the further upgrades in case it did make it ineligible for the class and mean more wasted cash.

Yea, just ignore those warnings Peter, you are *supposed* to go up in class. Sometimes you even go up beyond B and then have to come back down to B. It's a silly warning actually.

If you simply upgrade everything on the Challenger except nitrous and turbo, you will be fine. Michael's setup is no doubt the best. Tire wear is not an issue here. It's just a fun track. In lieu of buying parts, I have no problem with you being able to just pick a car (w/o upgrades) from your Garage (remember you have to go buy it first) that's close to 1499. Even if a bit over. As long as nobody objects.

Oh, and thanks Michael. Appreciate the gesture, but somehow I'm in the #7. Have to stick with that because it is Kimi's number. #24 is all yours if you want it.

I have it sorted now so thanks to the pair of you for the assistance. I was being a dopey sod and scolling up and down looking for both cars, didn't realise that there were left and right scrolls on the actual cars :redface:. The lost money is not too big a deal.

Last edited:
Race 1:
1. Michael - 25
2. Robert - 18
3. Peter - 15

Race 2/3:
1. Michael - 25
2. Peter - 18
3. Robert - 15

Current Standings
1. Michael - 200.5
2. Peter - 200.5
3. Robert - 168
4. Railer - 91
5. Karl - 76
6. Chris - 52
7. Matthew - 50
8. Vince - 16

Last edited:
@Robert Waddell Thanks for updating the points after tonight races... I think me and Michael should both be on 200.5 points though... There was a 17 point gap between us after Zolder (me 167.5, Michael 150.5) and Michaels advantage tonight was 17 points (50 to my 33) :thumbsup:

Certainly is... and finishing on an oval means I need to get my stuff together to have any chance ;) Not run any of those remaining track's so should be interesting :thumbsup:

Will we be running the same cars as tonight at Rustle Creek? What sort of oval is that one?

Not sure about Rustle Creek yet, but I think Michael said the "B" class is preferable. Although it's a shorter track, it's akin to Bristol, where two lines are possible and the banking is very steep, allowing for some fast racing on a smaller track.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 468 70.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.0%
Back