1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

National Flag below username/avatar?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Jimlaad43, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

I think just having an option to select your national flag to be displayed below your username would be cool. Anyone else like the idea?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. You have my support, Jimlaad, but I also understand if it is too much of a hassle for the staff to implement. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

I like that idea too, and also the possibility of two flags for dual-nationality :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. +1! Great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

Would be awesome :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This would require a forum modification that is currently not supported, and as it ads very little to none to the functionality its not very likely that its going to happen.

Would have a big impact on the loading speed of pages as well as every image has to be requested per page load.

• Beer Beer x 3
  7. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

This will be awesome :thumbsup:

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Simple solution is to drop a little flag in your avatar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Simple yet very much winning solution :)

10. YES PLEASE

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Far simpler than our solution would need to be.

12. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

You can't just add a flag over it, and delete the "invisible" part of the avatar?

13. just add it next to the name

14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Read what was posted please,

The only solution is to do it yourself and add a little flag to your own avatar image,

15. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

How about this?
    flag.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

I'm not ruling it out outright, but it's not just a case of slapping an image in place. Currently people only choose a timezone not a country, so that information needs a place to be collected and then stored. The template system and the postbit builder needs modding and appropriate caching put in place. Finally, I have to choose which countries to put in a list for your selection, followed by complaints that 'small principality I never heard of existed' is missing and the usual 3 week argument I have with Bram about why I'm English not United Kingdomish :D

Tbh at the moment I'm working on something that potentially involves similar functionality so there's a chance it might make a showing anyway but all in all my todo list is absolutely huge atm and this would not sit in a priority slot.

So in principal yes, maybe at some point down the road it will fill a slow Saturday morning but at the moment I can't promise anything or commit the time to it.

17. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

It's just an idea that I'm fine tuning. Put it this way, I have absolutely no idea how to code something like that, so I appreciate that it may be hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

Not hard per se. there's just some things that need to be approached in a proper way in order to prevent a return to the heavily modded, slow, and somewhat buggy, days of the old vBulletin installation.

As for the idea though, in principal yes I do like it. I just can't commit to it atm.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1