Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i wasn't here back when 2012 demo came out so i had no clue :/
It really would been helpful if there was some Rules i could read somewhere, or did i miss them ?

I imported a 2011 track (Spa) into the 2012 demo and told people here how to do it and it was taken down. As far as I know the rules haven't changed.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion.

• Deleted member 147278

I imported a 2011 track (Spa) into the 2012 demo and told people here how to do it and it was taken down. As far as I know the rules haven't changed.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion.

But the thing is how was i supposed to know that ... were could i see this information that its not allowed to do so , and isn't there a difference between a demo and a full game ? since demos are usually limited. But anyways there needs to be a Rules Sticky Post ,so there are no confusions like this :)

Yeah, if you'd be sure everyone owns F1 2011 who does own F1 2012, there'd be no problem at all, I'd say. But as you cannot be sure, it's an infringement.

Because everyone doesn't have F1 2011 and you can't even assume it. Using materials take from another game is against modder's moral, I believe. Of course, modding itself is activity in gray zone, but it doesn't mean you can do anything you want.

By the way, is this same MOD on F1pole? If so, F1pole is completely outlaw site. They don't have any moral. Your MOD has no problem in that site doesn't means you can release MOD in here or other major racing game site.

• Deleted member 147278

Because everyone doesn't have F1 2011 and you can't even assume it. Using materials take from another game is against modder's moral, I believe. Of course, modding itself is activity in gray zone, but it doesn't mean you can do anything you want.

By the way, is this same MOD on F1pole? If so, F1pole is completely outlaw site. They don't have any moral. Your MOD has no problem in that site doesn't means you can release MOD in here or other major racing game site.

woah woah ... calm down there ... I have nothing to do with that site .

Are these from F1 2011? If so, this'll be taken down mate. If not, forgive me.

I have bad news. Exchanging files between 2011 and 2012 is a copyright infringement and will not be tolerated on RD. We had the discussion when 2012's demo came out.

I'll report this to the staff.

Graham already explained that we changed our stance but I wanted to chime in and confirm but also further explain why we changed our minds.

In the past few months we have had lots of discussions about this and even asked Codemasters about their stance on the issue. "Forward porting" is very useful (although for the F1 series it doesn't work really well) and empowers the community to modify a game even more to their liking.

Due to the fact that the content has been ported from an older game and that we did not (even after several months) yet received an answer from Codemasters regarding the matter, we will not limit this in any way for now.

All the best,

Tom

Graham already explained that we changed our stance but I wanted to chime in and confirm but also further explain why we changed our minds.

In the past few months we have had lots of discussions about this and even asked Codemasters about their stance on the issue. "Forward porting" is very useful (although for the F1 series it doesn't work really well) and empowers the community to modify a game even more to their liking.

Due to the fact that the content has been ported from an older game and that we did not (even after several months) yet received an answer from Codemasters regarding the matter, we will not limit this in any way for now.

All the best,

Tom

i don't understand the whole, could you explain it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back