My worst truck race so far

Place Chicagoland
Series NASCAR Trucks
Race distance 90 laps

Middle split and qualified 5th. Pole stayed in pits and on the green easily took third place on the start.

Lap 1 OK
Lap 2 OK
Lap 3 4th place was making a move in turn 3 so i stayed high knowing that i was runninng below 100% in an effort to halt the drop off of the front right and that I'd get it later. just moving into 4 he moves up and his back end steps out making contact (0x) unfotunately that contact's enough to punt my front end into the wall (2x). We keep it in the wall so no yellow. Meatball - too much damage.

I just cant understant the need for people in long races like this when cars are loose at the begining to try to push for a spot that they'll likely get later.

fortunately only -0.02 but lost nearly 100iR.

Such is the live in Truck races. They are one of the most popular series on iRacing. I stepped in three weeks ago. It's guaranteed to fill the grid, but with the masses comes the risk. The races are generally fun, but also provide for a lot of incidents. There are cleaner races around, but you will only get to drive them occasionally as usually the grids don't fill enough. I think you can make up for most of the rating you lost in the long run, but you cannot escape being in an early race incident every now and then, unfortunately. I usually try to race it clean and try not to push it too hard. It tends to pay off.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.