My Summer Car February Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car February Update.jpg

The February update of My Summer Car is here!

Available to download the next time players start their Steam client, My Summer Car has received a large update to the core game build, bringing with it a wide selection of fixes and improvements to the title aimed at adding further polish and functionality to this very popular driving and "lifestyle" simulation game.

Please be aware the following advisory notes for the new build have been released by the game developers:

WARNING 1: All your bought Batteries, Fire Extinguishers and Oil Filters have reset back to Teimo's store

WARNING 2: Because of bug fix your Clutch Cover Plate will spawn back to garage. You can however install it back just through the engine block without having to disassemble anything.

WARNING 3: Make sure your Camshaft position is aligned before starting the engine!

February 2018 Update Notes:
  • Added kWh gauge to house
  • Added strawberry field for picking strawberries
  • Increased battery charger charging speed
  • Adjusted wheel rotation inertias for Satsuma, Hayosiko, Ruscko and Ferndale
  • Adjusted performance characteristics of above vehicles
  • Seating angle is now reset when entering Driving Mode
  • Teimo now uses bicycle to travel to work
  • Store is now open from 10 to 20, and both are closed on Sundays
  • Added functional interior light and properly illuminated gauges for Satsuma
  • Changed Rally in to a two day event with two special stages
  • Moved Rally results tents to school yard
  • Added Rally spectators
  • Adjusted oil dipstick indicator, full oil level is now shown close to MAX
  • Added Racing Flywheel that decreases engine mass and inertia
  • Decreased engine shaking when using standard Flywheel
  • Added wasps, also note that player has a wasp sting allergy
  • Fixed issue where it was able to buy Block or Crankshaft even when those old parts were not fully disassembled
  • Added grandma, if you follow her conversations correctly you will get more money
  • Added general conversation agreement gestures (when not too drunk), default button "K"
  • Kilju guy does now catch you from trying to fool him
  • Added story progression and a job to do for Kilju guy
  • Added office worker to water facility
  • Slowed down firewood job progression
  • Fixed bug with milk and pub coffee drinking not locking the left hand
  • Selling Kilju and picking strawberries does not count to your official income
  • Increased tolerance of waste grate check to avoid incorrectly placed fines
  • Fire Extinguishers, Batteries and Oil Filters are now disposable at the landfill
  • Fixed random "ghost bumps" that affected AI and Player cars on the highway
  • Adjusted analog clutch sensitivity so that it engages little earlier
  • Fixed audio issues with footsteps when using analog player control inputs
  • Made Boat controls compatible with analog controllers, similarly to other vehicles
  • Added Camshaft alignment, use Camshaft Gear bolt to rotate
  • Fixed bug where it was possible to remove disc and drumbrakes while wheels where installed
  • Made Alternator charging efficiency dependant on wear
  • Made brake fluid simulation better, amount of fluid affects the maximum braking efficiency
  • Suspension can now bend (Fix at Fleetari's) instead of completely break off, except for very hard hit
  • Added odometer to truck

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.
  • Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!
My Summer Car is available exclusively to PC now.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new build release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Picture Credit: u2020bullet

I think the developer should (I think it doesn’t) allow users to play without the need of building a car. I don’t know mechanics so it’s not attractive to me, but simulation and all the other stuff looks awesome.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000