1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

My car won't Start

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by JeffL, May 15, 2014.

1. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Once I'm on the track and if the car stalls, there is no restart, I've tried buttons on wheel, keyboard,
    nothing. If i spin out and stall do I have to start again. Did all the controller settings. Any Ideas?

2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

You need to assign ignition and starter buttons in the controller setup menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Open wheel formula cars usually have no on board starter, so as in real life, your starter will only work in pit lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Keith is right, the open wheelers won't restart on the track, only in the pit lane. I am not sure about the other cars off the top of my head.

5. JeffL

JeffL

Thanks for response guys, I had the buttons mapped. Had a feeling it was the open wheel thing. Wish they would let us turn that off just for practice. Thanks

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I usually pop auto clutch on

7. Ignition button has always worked for me.

8. JeffL

JeffL

Alllllriight, the auto clutch thang did it, This sim is incredible and that was my only hangup. Rock on fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ignition button works also, but if you have it set to use a manual clutch, obviously you must press the clutch pedal before using the ignition or the car won't start just like in real life.

10. Outside of pit lane, Ignition will not work in a formula car (without editing a file or using autoclutch), because there is no starter motor on board.
    It only works in tin tops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Interesting, maybe I've never noticed that. How does using autoclutch start a car without a starter?

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

It doesn't, but it guarantees you won't stall in the first place.

13. Ahh ok.